The ultimate Christmas dinner consists of...

Buddy the Elf    

10 minutes ago, Buddy the Elf said:

What's on your table for the big day? 

Hm… I’ve recently became vegetarian, so I have never had a Christmas dinner meat-free. Although I have seen in Asda you can buy Qourn Roast slices that you have to cook. I never tried them before and I don’t really know what they are 😅 I’m very picky with what things I eat so I may not even like it 😅 but that’s what I’d probably be getting. 
Then I’d have the usual, roast potatoes,broccoli,carrots,Yorkshire pudding, and vegetarian gravy and vegetarian stuffing!
Not sure about Brussel sprouts.. I go though a phase of liking them and not liking them lol 

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Nala said:

Hm… I’ve recently became vegetarian, so I have never had a Christmas dinner meat-free. Although I have seen in Asda you can buy Qourn Roast slices that you have to cook. I never tried them before and I don’t really know what they are 😅 I’m very picky with what things I eat so I may not even like it 😅 but that’s what I’d probably be getting. 
Then I’d have the usual, roast potatoes,broccoli,carrots,Yorkshire pudding, and vegetarian gravy and vegetarian stuffing!
Not sure about Brussel sprouts.. I go though a phase of liking them and not liking them lol 

Hi Nala,

I've done a few veggie Christmases as well (I'm a pescetarian, so I do eat fish). However, tofurky is meant to be delicious! I'm getting some this year! Have you tried it? Holland and Barrets sell it if your would like to give it a go! 😊 Others  enjoy nut roasts (I'm allergic to nuts so I can't really have it). You could also do vegetarian meatballs or sausages instead of the roast for example!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

23 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Hi Nala,

I've done a few veggie Christmases as well (I'm a pescetarian, so I do eat fish). However, tofurky is meant to be delicious! I'm getting some this year! Have you tried it? Holland and Barrets sell it if your would like to give it a go! 😊 Others  enjoy nut roasts (I'm allergic to nuts so I can't really have it). You could also do vegetarian meatballs or sausages instead of the roast for example!

Oh cool! I like the name Tofurky lol! Sounds funky! I’ve never tried it before, I’ve had never even heard of it until you just said. I’m going to search tofurky up on safari to see what you mean. I’ll have to let you know what I think? 
I’m not a fan of nuts so I’ll have to pass on that. 
didn’t think of vegetarian meatballs or sausages.
Think I’m going to have to think a bit more about what to have on my plate Christmas Day. There are so many options it’s hard to choose 😅  

31 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Hi Nala,

I just had a look at tofurky, 

it’s made me want to get some now xD 

i like the sound of the plant-based ham roast the best. 
im gonna have to show my mum so she can maybe get some for me, because I would definitely really like that on my Christmas dinner!  
Thank you for telling me about this Duckie!☺️

Edited by Nala

• Digital Mentor
9 minutes ago, Nala said:

I just had a look at tofurky, 

it’s made me want to get some now xD 

i like the sound of the plant-based ham roast the best. 
im gonna have to show my mum so she can maybe get some for me, because I would definitely really like that on my Christmas dinner!  
Thank you for telling me about this Duckie!☺️

Oh cool! I'm happy I could be helpful! Let's try it together! 🤩

Besides, sometimes it is just easier to have a veggie version of what everyone else eats - to make the meals as similar as possible, yet still festive!

They might also sell them in one of the big tesco/sainsbury's but last time I checked they defo had it at Holland and Barret!

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

50 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Oh cool! I'm happy I could be helpful! Let's try it together! 🤩

Besides, sometimes it is just easier to have a veggie version of what everyone else eats - to make the meals as similar as possible, yet still festive!

They might also sell them in one of the big tesco/sainsbury's but last time I checked they defo had it at Holland and Barret!

I agree that it’s easier to just have the veggie version of what others eat! 

Ok, thank you again Duckie! ❤️

5 hours ago, Buddy the Elf said:

What's on your table for the big day? 

Oh dear. Well, ideally it'd be a second (third?) thanksgiving-type meal. So, turkey, cranberry sauce, yams, potatoes, and et cetera. Although, since it's christmas, we'd have to have tamales and maybe gumbo a few days before

• Digital Mentor

On the 24th I live in the kitchen, making all my traditional dishes (I'm a pescetarian)! We don't do a turkey or a roast or anything like that - but rather 15-30 little meals, sort of like a Christmas buffet. I make a potato gratin with anchovies (known as Janssons Frestelse - Jansson's Temptation), smoked salmon, (veggie) meatballs and sausages, filled egg halves etc. Differs from year to year, but these are always the given mains :) I will take a picture of my Christmas buffet if I can!

Staff-Account.png