Feminism and men

Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once Β  Β 
Go to solution Solved by Luie,

Hey I just wanted to bring up something I've noticed at my school and am wondering if anyone else has noticed it where ever they are.

I'm an exec of Feminism Club at my school and there are no guys apart of it, which I find interesting and curious and a bit disheartening, because I think education for guys surrounding women and female presenting people is really important. My other execs and I want to find ways to get more guys involved so we can reach as wide an audience as possible throughout our school.

I've noticed a lot of ignorance from guys surrounding stuff like abuse, victim blaming, and feminist topics in general. Not to say that all guys are like this, but it really concerns me.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me, at my school?Β 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
  • Solution
On 11/30/2023 at 11:37 PM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Hey I just wanted to bring up something I've noticed at my school and am wondering if anyone else has noticed it where ever they are.

I'm an exec of Feminism Club at my school and there are no guys apart of it, which I find interesting and curious and a bit disheartening, because I think education for guys surrounding women and female presenting people is really important. My other execs and I want to find ways to get more guys involved so we can reach as wide an audience as possible throughout our school.

I've noticed a lot of ignorance from guys surrounding stuff like abuse, victim blaming, and feminist topics in general. Not to say that all guys are like this, but it really concerns me.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me, at my school?Β 

Heyy @Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once,Β I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns. It takes courage to bring up important issues, and your commitment to promoting education and inclusivity is truly commendable, honestly, really inspiring to see it.Β 

Β 

It's totallyΒ  understandable that you find it interesting and disheartening that there are no guys in your Feminism Club. It's essential to have diverse perspectives when discussing and addressing issues related to gender and equality. Your recognition of the importance of educating everyone, including guys, is a crucial step toward fostering a more inclusive environment. Your observations about the ignorance surrounding topics like abuse, victim blaming, and feminism are unfortunately not uncommon. It's great that you're seeking ways to address this and create a more informed community. While it might feel concerning, your awareness and dedication to making a positive change are powerful.

It's possible that this issue extends beyond your school, as discussions about gender and feminism can sometimes face barriers due to misconceptions or societal norms. Creating a space for open dialogue and education can be a transformative way to break down these barriers. I was giving this some thought, how would you feel about collaborating with other clubs or organizations within your school to create joint awareness campaigns on issues related to abuse, victim blaming, and feminist topics? Perhaps, by working together, you can reach a larger audience and involve individuals who may not initially consider joining the Feminism Club. Use various mediums such as posters, social media, and presentations to convey the importance of understanding and supporting feminist perspectives. This collaborative approach can break down stereotypes and encourage a more inclusive environment for discussions.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 12/16/2023 at 4:56 AM, Luie said:

Heyy @Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once,Β I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and concerns. It takes courage to bring up important issues, and your commitment to promoting education and inclusivity is truly commendable, honestly, really inspiring to see it.Β 

It's totallyΒ  understandable that you find it interesting and disheartening that there are no guys in your Feminism Club. It's essential to have diverse perspectives when discussing and addressing issues related to gender and equality. Your recognition of the importance of educating everyone, including guys, is a crucial step toward fostering a more inclusive environment. Your observations about the ignorance surrounding topics like abuse, victim blaming, and feminism are unfortunately not uncommon. It's great that you're seeking ways to address this and create a more informed community. While it might feel concerning, your awareness and dedication to making a positive change are powerful.

It's possible that this issue extends beyond your school, as discussions about gender and feminism can sometimes face barriers due to misconceptions or societal norms. Creating a space for open dialogue and education can be a transformative way to break down these barriers. I was giving this some thought, how would you feel about collaborating with other clubs or organizations within your school to create joint awareness campaigns on issues related to abuse, victim blaming, and feminist topics? Perhaps, by working together, you can reach a larger audience and involve individuals who may not initially consider joining the Feminism Club. Use various mediums such as posters, social media, and presentations to convey the importance of understanding and supporting feminist perspectives. This collaborative approach can break down stereotypes and encourage a more inclusive environment for discussions.Β 

Thank you so much for the helpful reply, @Luie! I think doing collabs with other clubs would definitely be helpful! We do have an IG page--perhaps we can be more active on that. Thanks again, this has helped me feel less alone in this and given me some things to think about!

• Digital Mentor
56 minutes ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Thank you so much for the helpful reply, @Luie! I think doing collabs with other clubs would definitely be helpful! We do have an IG page--perhaps we can be more active on that. Thanks again, this has helped me feel less alone in this and given me some things to think about!

Aw, I am so glad to hear this and know that I am here if you need to bounce off any further ideas or just think out loud. Take care of yourself and good luck with this!

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

Staff-Account.png