Does anyone else struggle with food over Christmas?

Che ย  ย 

I feel the exact same way...Lately I feel I've been struggling with that more, especially around sweets. But I've found that mindful eating can be helpful--seems sort of contradictory to think even more about food when you don't want to think about it, but reconsidering it in a positive light can be helpful.ย 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 11/30/2023 at 9:56 PM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

I feel the exact same way...Lately I feel I've been struggling with that more, especially around sweets. But I've found that mindful eating can be helpful--seems sort of contradictory to think even more about food when you don't want to think about it, but reconsidering it in a positive light can be helpful.ย 

Hi @Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once,

This is a really good point you're making and I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on this. It's absolutely good advice to be kind to yourself and to see food in a positive light. What does mindful eating mean to you?ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once,

This is a really good point you're making and I'd be keen to hear your thoughts on this. It's absolutely good advice to be kind to yourself and to see food in a positive light. What does mindful eating mean to you?ย ๐Ÿ˜Š

Iโ€™ve been doing a mindful eating challenge, which has given me a lot of tools to consider around mindful eating, so to me, having done this challenge, mindful eating is being aware of what youโ€™re eating, aware of your hunger cues, and how it makes you feel. Thereโ€™s a lot of reflection that goes into mindful eating such as considering why youโ€™re eating (hunger, boredom, stress, anxiety). It really allows you to tune in with your body in a positive way and honour and acknowledge your feelings!

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
On 12/5/2023 at 1:23 PM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Iโ€™ve been doing a mindful eating challenge, which has given me a lot of tools to consider around mindful eating, so to me, having done this challenge, mindful eating is being aware of what youโ€™re eating, aware of your hunger cues, and how it makes you feel. Thereโ€™s a lot of reflection that goes into mindful eating such as considering why youโ€™re eating (hunger, boredom, stress, anxiety). It really allows you to tune in with your body in a positive way and honour and acknowledge your feelings!

Oh wow! This sounds like it's been really groundbreaking for you - and useful to lots of people, I'm sure! Thank you for sharingย ๐Ÿ˜Š

Staff-Account.png