A level struggles

jazzy.sky    

Hey everyoneee!

I'm currently in my final year of secondary school (yr13) and doing a levels,  doing btec engineering, a level product design and a level maths (which I am hating lol)

I'm finding it extremely stressful as I have a crazy amount of work to do and many tests, usually it's always maths and I'm struggling to keep up, even with all the planning and organising.

Does anyone have any tips on managing stress and/or revision tips? 

Hope everyone has a lovely day/night! Thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

Hi there, @jazzy.sky. I have put together a rough list of things you can try to do to help with stress/revision, hope it helps ❤️.

Your first step, before you start revising, should be to make a plan. Do so by creating a revision timetable. You can plan exactly what you need to cover in your study and know what you’ll be physically and mentally able to stick to. I know it’s not as easy, but you are a strong, resilient person and can do this!

When I was doing my GCSE’s I wrote myself a list of things to do so I could focus on myself but also work, I personally would Space out your study sessions rather than attempting to learn everything at the last minute. Your revision will be more effective when spread over the course of a few weeks and you’ll commit more information to memory. I know that you probably want to do it all at once, but doing it bit by bit is more effective than cramping it all in one, if that makes sense? ❤️.

You need to eat, especially because your brain and body is working so hard, to be able to be more effective, you need to feed yourself to give yourself enough energy to be able to concentrate and to also make yourself feel comfortable when putting in the hard work ❤️.

Sleep will directly impact how much A-level stress you feel. A lack of sleep will only make your revision more difficult, leaving you more stressed. Sleep helps both our bodies and minds recover from the day, while also consolidating to memory what you learnt while revising. Aim to get seven to nine hours each night. Sounds silly but, I tried to get between those hours and it helped a lot during my revision, I know you can do this. Can I ask, do you sleep well ? As I know this mini paragraph I wrote might not be useful, so I apologise.

DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP! YOU AMAZING HUMAN BEING ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

If you don’t get all the questions right on a past paper, don’t let it knock your confidence. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Believe in your own abilities and reassure yourself that you're capable of achieving great grades.

Lastly on my list I have tried my best to put together a proactive list to help you through this. I have added this one in because I personally think it’s very important, Make use of your support network. Talk 1-2-1  with teachers who can offer you the most relevant advice and reassurance. Chat with your parents, guardians or even your friends as they’ll understand the stress you feel. Talking to people who understand where you are, can help you. Of course, I can’t answer questions for you but I can talk to you, and to reassure you that things will be okay? 

I hope this helped in some way, because I care a lot about you and I see and recognise the hard work you put into this, sending so much love, positivity and determination to you from me, all through a virtual hug 🫂

Stay safe, and keep being awesome 😎. Remember, you can contact @Digital Mentor for 1-2-1 support or by posting a topic, they’ll kindly reply ❤️🫂. So will I, right I’ll stop talking now 😜

Megs. Xx 

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

Hey jazzy, I did submit a reply but it has to be approved I’m sorry xx

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Megs- said:

Hey jazzy, I did submit a reply but it has to be approved I’m sorry xx

Awww no worries Megs, thank u sm for replying <333 hope ur having a lovely day, hugss

• Like 1

Just now, jazzy.sky said:

Awww no worries Megs, thank u sm for replying <333 hope ur having a lovely day, hugss

Still waiting for it to be approved ugh 😣 lol. I’m okay Ty hugs 🫂 xx

• Hug 1

23 hours ago, Megs- said:

Hi there, @jazzy.sky. I have put together a rough list of things you can try to do to help with stress/revision, hope it helps ❤️.

Your first step, before you start revising, should be to make a plan. Do so by creating a revision timetable. You can plan exactly what you need to cover in your study and know what you’ll be physically and mentally able to stick to. I know it’s not as easy, but you are a strong, resilient person and can do this!

When I was doing my GCSE’s I wrote myself a list of things to do so I could focus on myself but also work, I personally would Space out your study sessions rather than attempting to learn everything at the last minute. Your revision will be more effective when spread over the course of a few weeks and you’ll commit more information to memory. I know that you probably want to do it all at once, but doing it bit by bit is more effective than cramping it all in one, if that makes sense? ❤️.

You need to eat, especially because your brain and body is working so hard, to be able to be more effective, you need to feed yourself to give yourself enough energy to be able to concentrate and to also make yourself feel comfortable when putting in the hard work ❤️.

Sleep will directly impact how much A-level stress you feel. A lack of sleep will only make your revision more difficult, leaving you more stressed. Sleep helps both our bodies and minds recover from the day, while also consolidating to memory what you learnt while revising. Aim to get seven to nine hours each night. Sounds silly but, I tried to get between those hours and it helped a lot during my revision, I know you can do this. Can I ask, do you sleep well ? As I know this mini paragraph I wrote might not be useful, so I apologise.

DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP! YOU AMAZING HUMAN BEING ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

If you don’t get all the questions right on a past paper, don’t let it knock your confidence. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Believe in your own abilities and reassure yourself that you're capable of achieving great grades.

Lastly on my list I have tried my best to put together a proactive list to help you through this. I have added this one in because I personally think it’s very important, Make use of your support network. Talk 1-2-1  with teachers who can offer you the most relevant advice and reassurance. Chat with your parents, guardians or even your friends as they’ll understand the stress you feel. Talking to people who understand where you are, can help you. Of course, I can’t answer questions for you but I can talk to you, and to reassure you that things will be okay? 

I hope this helped in some way, because I care a lot about you and I see and recognise the hard work you put into this, sending so much love, positivity and determination to you from me, all through a virtual hug 🫂

Stay safe, and keep being awesome 😎. Remember, you can contact @Digital Mentor for 1-2-1 support or by posting a topic, they’ll kindly reply ❤️🫂. So will I, right I’ll stop talking now 😜

Megs. Xx 

Thank you so much Megs, you are so lovely and these tips are most definitely going to be helpful, I really do appreciate all your help and kindness <3 sending you the warmest, biggest hug 🫂 ❤️ 

Keep being awesome and as u already know, if you ever need me, im always here for u 

Hugssss

On 11/18/2023 at 3:45 PM, jazzy.sky said:

Hey everyoneee!

I'm currently in my final year of secondary school (yr13) and doing a levels,  doing btec engineering, a level product design and a level maths (which I am hating lol)

I'm finding it extremely stressful as I have a crazy amount of work to do and many tests, usually it's always maths and I'm struggling to keep up, even with all the planning and organising.

Does anyone have any tips on managing stress and/or revision tips? 

Hope everyone has a lovely day/night! Thanks for taking the time to read my post :)

Hi there, it sounds like your studies are quite challenging so I really feel you are not alone in these struggles.  Sometimes just acknowledging that it's not just us can be reassuring!  Do you feel your current workload is reasonable for you?

It sounds like you do a lot of planning and organizing already, but are you putting away distractions, and taking breaks every once in a while while you study?  For managing stress, I find that finding the time to still get some rest, food, exercise, etc. is really important for our health.  Also, having the occasional social thing to look forward to can keep your sanity. :)

These are just my ideas based on personal experience, but I bet you've got this!  Sounds like @Megs- has given excellent tips, so feel free to respond to this if it's helpful to. 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Catsup said:

Hi there, it sounds like your studies are quite challenging so I really feel you are not alone in these struggles.  Sometimes just acknowledging that it's not just us can be reassuring!  Do you feel your current workload is reasonable for you?

It sounds like you do a lot of planning and organizing already, but are you putting away distractions, and taking breaks every once in a while while you study?  For managing stress, I find that finding the time to still get some rest, food, exercise, etc. is really important for our health.  Also, having the occasional social thing to look forward to can keep your sanity. :)

These are just my ideas based on personal experience, but I bet you've got this!  Sounds like @Megs- has given excellent tips, so feel free to respond to this if it's helpful to. 

Hey Catsup!

Thank you so much for your tips! My current workload isn't very reasonable if I'm honest, as I find myself studying and working long after school hours.

I especially hate it when i have my hospital appointments (as I have many health conditions) and instead of being supported, the school expect me to keep up and teach myself content that I missed out on :(

I would love to take short breaks but sadly with the sheer quantity of work given, i find that if i do take breaks, I will never finish my work in time for me to sleep 

What would you recommend I do? Once again, thank you so so much for the tips and support, I really appreciate it!

Have a lovely rest of your day Catsup!

14 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Thank you so much Megs, you are so lovely and these tips are most definitely going to be helpful, I really do appreciate all your help and kindness <3 sending you the warmest, biggest hug 🫂 ❤️ 

Keep being awesome and as u already know, if you ever need me, im always here for u 

Hugssss

Awh bless u! Thank you I’m always here 🫂❤️Xx

2 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Hey Catsup!

Thank you so much for your tips! My current workload isn't very reasonable if I'm honest, as I find myself studying and working long after school hours.

I especially hate it when i have my hospital appointments (as I have many health conditions) and instead of being supported, the school expect me to keep up and teach myself content that I missed out on :(

I would love to take short breaks but sadly with the sheer quantity of work given, i find that if i do take breaks, I will never finish my work in time for me to sleep 

What would you recommend I do? Once again, thank you so so much for the tips and support, I really appreciate it!

Have a lovely rest of your day Catsup!

Thanks @jazzy.sky!  It sounds like you have a lot going on with your health and that your workload might be too much.  Is it possible to drop a class at this point, and do it in a future semester? I I have found myself doing the same before and there is no shame in doing that if needed.  Could you meet with the school and ask for an accommodation for your health issues?  Perhaps they need a doctor's note?  Most schools should be able to do something for you in that regard.

Your time management doesn't sound like the problem if you can't even afford to take breaks.  I know what it's like to feel the pressure to get things done, but health comes first and is the foundation for the rest of your accomplishments.  Are you willing to make some school changes for your well-being?  Do you find you're putting too much pressure on yourself to do a lot at once?

Do let me know what options you might have with all this.  I know some of my suggestions may or may not be feasible, depending on your situation.  You have a lovely day too, if I don't hear from you later! :)

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 11/20/2023 at 3:29 PM, Catsup said:

Thanks @jazzy.sky!  It sounds like you have a lot going on with your health and that your workload might be too much.  Is it possible to drop a class at this point, and do it in a future semester? I I have found myself doing the same before and there is no shame in doing that if needed.  Could you meet with the school and ask for an accommodation for your health issues?  Perhaps they need a doctor's note?  Most schools should be able to do something for you in that regard.

Your time management doesn't sound like the problem if you can't even afford to take breaks.  I know what it's like to feel the pressure to get things done, but health comes first and is the foundation for the rest of your accomplishments.  Are you willing to make some school changes for your well-being?  Do you find you're putting too much pressure on yourself to do a lot at once?

Do let me know what options you might have with all this.  I know some of my suggestions may or may not be feasible, depending on your situation.  You have a lovely day too, if I don't hear from you later! :)

Thank you so much Catsup! The school are aware of my health but I don't think I have the opportunity to drop any of my classes sadly, but thank you again for all your kindness and support,  it really means a lot!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Thank you so much Catsup! The school are aware of my health but I don't think I have the opportunity to drop any of my classes sadly, but thank you again for all your kindness and support,  it really means a lot!!

Of course! We're always here if you need support. :)

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png