My friends hate me and I don’t know how to get them to like me again

BrokenOnTheInside    

My friends are mad at me for things I didn’t do and I hate school now because they make my life miserable. Constantly saying mean things to me on text and won’t tell me what I’ve done to them. I want my friends back. Any advice or anyone been through this?

• Hug 1

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, BrokenOnTheInside said:

My friends are mad at me for things I didn’t do and I hate school now because they make my life miserable. Constantly saying mean things to me on text and won’t tell me what I’ve done to them. I want my friends back. Any advice or anyone been through this?

Hi @BrokenOnTheInside I wanted to start off by saying a great big welcome to the community. I'm really glad you found us!! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. 

Thank you so much for sharing what's been going on for you. It sounds like you've been having a really tough time with your friends and I know it can be difficult to open up about these things. Friendship problems are really horrible and I can understand why you are saying that you hate school now. Would you like to tell me a bit more about what happened? You mentioned that they are mad at you for things you didn't do and I was just wondering what happened? Don't feel you have to tell me - only if you feel comfortable to. You can also send us a support request via confidential support if you would prefer to talk about it 1-1. You can do this by clicking on the Confidential Support tab at the top of the page. We're here for you. 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Hi, i thought It would pass over but it hasn’t. They started bringing up things from years ago that I did and are making up things to hate me about. They are spreading rumours and making everyone not like me. No one wants me around or wants to talk to me but I hope they will eventually. I’m scared because In my head and at home i pretend I’m just overthinking it but I know deep down it’s worse than i tell myself it is. I pretend like it’s all a dream and I’m always scared to sleep at night because I know when I wake up I have to go back to that hell of a place. I just wish they would know they are making my life miserable. 

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, BrokenOnTheInside said:

Hi, i thought It would pass over but it hasn’t. They started bringing up things from years ago that I did and are making up things to hate me about. They are spreading rumours and making everyone not like me. No one wants me around or wants to talk to me but I hope they will eventually. I’m scared because In my head and at home i pretend I’m just overthinking it but I know deep down it’s worse than i tell myself it is. I pretend like it’s all a dream and I’m always scared to sleep at night because I know when I wake up I have to go back to that hell of a place. I just wish they would know they are making my life miserable. 

Hi there, I'm so sorry that this is happening to you and I'm really glad you have reached out to us and told us what's going on. Please know that what's happening at school is not OK and you do not deserve to be treated like this! Your friends behaviour is unacceptable and they need to stop. It sounds to me like you are being bullied and that this is affecting your wellbeing. Can I ask, have you told anyone else about this eg a teacher or your parents? If so, are they doing anything to help you? I can reassure you that you do not have to go through this on your own. We are here for you and we can help you navigate this situation.  

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

👋 Hey,
I get that dealing with distant friends can be tough.
It might help to have an open and honest conversation with them. Ask if something's bothering them and try to listen without getting defensive. Sometimes people need to express what's on their minds. Also, consider if there's anything you might have done unintentionally that could have upset them.

If you're not sure where things went wrong, it's okay to ask for feedback on how you can improve as a friend. Communication is key in any relationship. Plan activities you used to enjoy together to reconnect on a positive note.

Friendships can have ups and downs, but open communication and a willingness to understand each other can go a long way. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Horizon 💗