How to support a friend?

PurpleAyeAye Β  Β 

Hi, so my friend's dad recently went to jail for like a long time (for stealing) and their mom is unstable and they might have to go live with their sis at the end of the school year. They would have to change schools. I just worry about them and their mental health and want to be the best friend I can be for them.

• Hug 1

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear about your current situaion. thankyou for coming and sharing what is happening. I am not sure what advice to give, but I am sending you best wishes and I hope you are doing the best you can by looking after yourself? Sending so much love and strengthΒ πŸ’ž

On 10/31/2023 at 6:06 AM, ANI(ah-knee) said:

Hi, so my friend's dad recently went to jail for like a long time (for stealing) and their mom is unstable and they might have to go live with their sis at the end of the school year. They would have to change schools. I just worry about them and their mental health and want to be the best friend I can be for them.

Heyyy!

You are a lovely and supportive friend, keep checking up on your friend and carry on being in their corner as they need you right now. I am so sorry your friend is going though such an awful time but by having your supportΒ  I'm certain it will all work out!

Sending both of you a big hug

Β 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 10/31/2023 at 6:06 AM, ANI(ah-knee) said:

Hi @ANI(ah-knee),

How are you?

This sounds really tough for your friend and I can tell you are really concerned for them. Do you still think it is likely they will move away? If this is the case, it might be worth reassuring your friend you will still do your best to stay in touch with them and be there for them.

Staff-Account.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they r most likely going to have to move away, it’s only like an hour away tho so we could visit.

• Like 1