make a fake acc to talk to my crush kinda and now idk what to do abt what I learned HELP!!! please :3

ribboness Β  Β 

hihi! so ive has a crush on some guy from my school and he's Christian from what I knew. I got his insta from a friend and realized that his name on Instagram is "I identify as a turtle' I thought it was a but odd and I felt like we was making fun of the trans community or something of the sort. that didn't sit right with me so I made a fake account of a pretty girl and messaged him. at first I was flirting and then asked him about the name. apparently he just came to America and didn't realize they trans/ homosexual people where "real" until he came to America. apparently his first response was thinking it was weird and "stupid." although I disagree I understand where he is coming from. I talked with him about it and convinced him that reagdless of how he feels, making fun of anyone is wrong (which I feel is human decency and common sense?) but anyways he changed his name but now I'm starting to feel like he did that only bc the girl I'm pretending to be wanted him too and bc shes pretty, not bc he actually agrees. I decided to ghost him on that account and leave it alone for a few weeks. then follow him from my actual account and see if he changes his name back. if he does ill try to ask him about it and see how he really feels. The issue is the fact that we have different view points on this topic. I think I can change his mind but maybe I'm just being silly and delusional a bit. what should I do. (also I ~think~ he likes me because we r always making eye contact and at a school event he randomly came and sat next to me and when I left and came back, he moved his chair closer to mine. maybe I'm crazy but that's what I think haha) (also we have never spoken before lol)

• Digital Mentor

Heyy @ribboness, Β I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I see that you're relatively new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you.

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, ribboness said:

hihi! so ive has a crush on some guy from my school and he's Christian from what I knew. I got his insta from a friend and realized that his name on Instagram is "I identify as a turtle' I thought it was a but odd and I felt like we was making fun of the trans community or something of the sort. that didn't sit right with me so I made a fake account of a pretty girl and messaged him. at first I was flirting and then asked him about the name. apparently he just came to America and didn't realize they trans/ homosexual people where "real" until he came to America. apparently his first response was thinking it was weird and "stupid." although I disagree I understand where he is coming from. I talked with him about it and convinced him that reagdless of how he feels, making fun of anyone is wrong (which I feel is human decency and common sense?) but anyways he changed his name but now I'm starting to feel like he did that only bc the girl I'm pretending to be wanted him too and bc shes pretty, not bc he actually agrees. I decided to ghost him on that account and leave it alone for a few weeks. then follow him from my actual account and see if he changes his name back. if he does ill try to ask him about it and see how he really feels. The issue is the fact that we have different view points on this topic. I think I can change his mind but maybe I'm just being silly and delusional a bit. what should I do. (also I ~think~ he likes me because we r always making eye contact and at a school event he randomly came and sat next to me and when I left and came back, he moved his chair closer to mine. maybe I'm crazy but that's what I think haha) (also we have never spoken before lol)

Β 

Hi @ribbonessΒ  Thanks for sharing what's been on your mind. It's awesome that you're concerned about these things and want to make a positive impact on your crush's perspective. I totally get how his Instagram name might have seemed odd and maybe even a bit concerning. It's great that you decided to reach out and have a chat with him about it in a non-judgy manner. It shows that you care about the trans community and want to foster understanding.

About his Instagram name change, it's natural to wonder about his motivations. People can change their opinions, so maybe he genuinely rethought things after your conversation. It's a positive step, and your willingness to engage in that conversation is commendable. I am wondering how are you feeling about all of this? Are you excited, worried, or just curious about where things might go with your crush and your efforts to change his perspective?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

20 hours ago, Luie said:

Hi @ribbonessΒ  Thanks for sharing what's been on your mind. It's awesome that you're concerned about these things and want to make a positive impact on your crush's perspective. I totally get how his Instagram name might have seemed odd and maybe even a bit concerning. It's great that you decided to reach out and have a chat with him about it in a non-judgy manner. It shows that you care about the trans community and want to foster understanding.

About his Instagram name change, it's natural to wonder about his motivations. People can change their opinions, so maybe he genuinely rethought things after your conversation. It's a positive step, and your willingness to engage in that conversation is commendable. I am wondering how are you feeling about all of this? Are you excited, worried, or just curious about where things might go with your crush and your efforts to change his perspective?

Hello! Thanks for reaching out! I'm not sure how I feel. I am happy that I was able to change his mind but I just hope that even if nothing happens between us, he'll at least be a kinder person. I am excited to see how things will go, as I would with anyone else I'm interested in. But Im not sure what steps to take. Id like to change his mind but I'm not sure that could work without backfiring because my family is very conservative and his parents know my parents so I just don't what it to come back at me if I take the wrong step. Thats also why I decided to have that convo from a fake acc. If worst comes to worst and they find out nothing ba will really happen because my parents do understand how I feel about people spreading hate in general so I'm not too worried. I just don't want it to go the wrong way. He is friends with one of my family friends as well but they also have slightly conservative views as well in a way that might (in my opinion) negatively influence his view on such community. I know its not my responsibility per-say to change his mind and I sort of feel bad for getting all up in his business and tricking him into thinking he was talking with someone else.Β