Mean friend? Or jealous maybe?

Mrannonymous    

Hi, I’m a guy who’s recently been experimenting with sexuality, been seeing this guy for a few months and my close mates met him the their day. Today on a FB group chat my closest maate told me he does not want to be associated with the guy I’ve been seeing in any way because he thinks his “general outlook is repulsive and vulgar� . This guy I’ve been seeing is actually extremely nice and has never demonstrated to me that he would ever hurt a fly. I’m not sure what to think of my close mate any more, do I ignore him and pass it off as banter or have a go at him.

cheers

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hello Mr Anonymous,

Have you asked your friend why he thinks that about your new partner? Does he have a reason based on something that’s happened or has it come out of the blue? I would ask him where it came from, it could possibly be a misunderstanding. If this guy is your

closest friend it isn’t worth ruining your friendship over and although it is so horrible when your partner and friends don’t get on, sometimes people just don’t get on, and that’s okay as long as neither person is hurting the other.

I’m always a fan of making my own mind up about people and if he hasn’t given you to feel this way then I would say make your own opinions of your new partner.

Let us know how it goes!

Staff-Account.png