My best friend isn't really a best friend

jazzy.sky ย  ย 

Hey everyone!

I'm currently going through a bit of a rough time as my best friend isn't being a best friend to me anymore

We were super close, inseparable even! But nowย  it's not the same anymore and it's making me feel really sad and isolated, she's still my bestie but I don't feel like I'm her best friend anymore

She forgot my birthday last year which was a bit of a shock because she always remembered before but I gave her the benefit of doubt hoping maybe it was a one off - that being said she kind if forgot this year too until I invited her to my bday party

But lately, she doesn't hang out with me anymore, during private study she makes empty promises like "oh I'll come back in half an hour" and then never come back and leave me to sit by myselfย 

And the vibe has changed, and I cant pick out why. The "friend group" (in brackets because I'm questioning whether they are actually friends) are mostly homophobic and around them she is so rude and homophobic to match their vibe but it's out if character cos around me she's an ally and supportive of me? I'm so confused, what is going on?

Also the friend group are lowkey ableist, they always use the r slur and make fun of others by calling them mentally disables and it really hurts cos I have learning difficulties and it's just insensitive in general :((

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?ย 

Hope all of you have a lovely rest of your day and thanks for reading (sorry its a long post)

Catsup
This post was recognized by Catsup!

TheToaster765 was awarded the badge 'Great Advice'

Sometimes people want to distant themselves from others they no longer see as friends. If you feel like they aren't really your friend, then my advice would to just kinda stop being around them. Most likely by distancing yourself from her and her homophobic/ableist friends. People that switch up their views when around others, aren't good people.

• Like 1

Thank youu, I'll take your advice and try to distance myself

Besides, after this year, everyone will go to uni or start jobs and apprenticeships so I probably won't see then again anyway

ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
On 10/11/2023 at 11:06 AM, jazzy.sky said:

Thank youu, I'll take your advice and try to distance myself

Besides, after this year, everyone will go to uni or start jobs and apprenticeships so I probably won't see then again anyway

I fully agree, and again, if any feelings around this come up you can always let us know and we can talk about it, here for you @jazzy.sky๐Ÿ˜€

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Luie said:

I fully agree, and again, if any feelings around this come up you can always let us know and we can talk about it, here for you @jazzy.sky๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you so much Luie <3 all your kindness and support is much appreciated!

Hope you're having a lovely day :D

• Digital Mentor
19 hours ago, jazzy.sky said:

Thank you so much Luie <3 all your kindness and support is much appreciated!

Hope you're having a lovely day :D

Aw thank you, you too!ย 

Happy I Love You GIF by Life of a Potato

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png