My "Friends" are bullying me and not stopping what should I do

Chloe1705    
Go to solution Solved by Chloe1705,

My "friends" are bullying me, saying that they all hate me and they would rather die than hang out with me. It has gotten to the stage that whenever I text them, or when my other friends talk to them (Call or text) they record it or screenshot it and send it to each other. My other friends are getting bullied too, but only because they are hanging out with me. My teachers have talked to us, but they bully us even more when we talk to the teachers. What should I do?

• Digital Mentor
3 minutes ago, CaramelCookie said:

My "friends" are bullying me, saying that they all hate me and they would rather die than hang out with me. It has gotten to the stage that whenever I text them, or when my other friends talk to them (Call or text) they record it or screenshot it and send it to each other. My other friends are getting bullied too, but only because they are hanging out with me. My teachers have talked to us, but they bully us even more when we talk to the teachers. What should I do?

Hi @CaramelCookie, I can see that you are new here and I wanted to say a huge big welcome to the Ditch the Label. We're so happy that you have found us and that you have joined our amazing community! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. 

Thank you so much for reaching out and for sharing what has been going on for you. If you would rather talk about this more privately then let me know and we can talk on confidential support instead. 

I wanted to start of by saying I'm really sorry to hear you are having such a tough time at the moment. Please know that none of this is your fault and you do not deserve to be treated like this. I can see that you have referred to the people who are treating you like this as "friends" in inverted commas and I have to agree, they do not sound like friends to me. What they are doing is unacceptable and neither you nor your other friends should have to put up with this kind of behaviour. You mentioned that when you or your friends call or text them they record it or screenshot it and send it to each other. How would you feel about not contacting them at all anymore? 

I'm glad to hear that you reached out to your teachers but it sounds like this has not helped the situation and has made it worse, Is that right? Please don't let that put you off reaching out for help. If they are not listening to your teacher then I think this needs to be escalated to the next level. Maybe your head of year or even the head of the school or deputy head need to get involved. What do you think?  I would imagine that your school probably has a zero tolerance to bullying. Is that right?  Do you mind me asking if you parents know, what has been going on? 

Thanks again for reaching out. We're here for you and we can help you navigate this situation. 

Staff-Account.png

• Solution

Hi,

Yes, I have stopped contacting them all together, my head of year is involved and yes, my parents know about this situation and has told me what I should do about it, eventhough some of it has helped.

Whenever the teachers get involved, yes it doesn't really help, but some of it does. 

Thank you for telling me some strategies to navigate this situation. 

- CaramelCookie

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Chloe1705 said:

Hi,

Yes, I have stopped contacting them all together, my head of year is involved and yes, my parents know about this situation and has told me what I should do about it, eventhough some of it has helped.

Whenever the teachers get involved, yes it doesn't really help, but some of it does. 

Thank you for telling me some strategies to navigate this situation. 

- CaramelCookie

Hi there, of course - we're here for you! I'm glad to hear your Head of Year is involved and that your parents know about the situation. Do you know if your school has an anti bullying plan and if they take bullying seriously? 

I'm glad to hear that some of it has helped. Are you comfortable to share with me, what has helped so far? 

Staff-Account.png

• 1 month later...