Big sleep out!

jazzy.sky ย  ย 
Go to solution Solved by Megs-,

Hey everyone!

How are you all doing?

I have a big sleep out today - basically, it is an event my youth charity club do every October to raise awareness for homelessness and money to then help us make more healthcare packs for the homelessย 

I took part last year and it was SO much fun - that being said, I was exhausted the next day and my friends who came last year wont be able to come this year :(

I have a compromised immune system and I have caught a flu from someone'sย cold recently - should I still attend the sleepout?ย 

Thanks for reading this!

Have a wonderful rest of your day :D

• Like 1

• Solution
Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

Megs- was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 10 points.

hi there,

You probaly have heard this loads of times but, taking care of your physical health a priority. seems like something you enjoy doing and i admire you for this, helping the homelessness is such an amazing and lovely thing to do - but, i would make sure if you did go to this today then, make sure you wrap up warm, but dont ober-heat. do you like warm drinks? if so, i would take a flask with you so you can have fluids and a warm drink to help the healing process. but my advice is - to rest at home until you are feeling better. your health is a priority. sending my love, hope you get better soonย ๐Ÿ’ž

• Like 2

Thank you so much Megs! I will most definitely wrap up and stay hydrated (I didn't think of having warm drinks but I'll take your advice - might make myself some hot chocolate lol)

I have notified the head of the club and she has given me the option to sleep indoors or to hang out with the crew for a while and then go home to sleep :) Once again, thank you so much for the tips, kind wishes and for helping me <3

Hope you have a lovely rest of your day and sending many warm wishes your way Megs!

(Also lmk if you need any support or advice yourself, I'd be more than happy to help)

thankyou, @jazzy.sky! very kind of you, ah yes sleeping indoors would be good, 100% would also agree that you treat yourself to a hot choccy! do you like marshmallows? or whipped cream? if so, go all out! much love and warmth you get better soon <3

• Hug 1

Awww that's so sweet of you Megs!ย Personally, I love all combos a hot choccy could have haha, how about you? Sending you warm hugs and much love too! <3

I love hot choccy too. i really fancy one now but i am sweating haha

Lollll, I recommend a milkshake to drink or if you're hungry, some icecream or something nice and cool xD

really fancy coke, nice N refreshing. think i have some in the fridge haha

Ooooh - gotta love some coca cola! LOL now u got me craving some xD maybe later today I'll get some too

ย 

haha sorry! lovely to meet you, btw! you're a very nice person <3

ugh my post needs to be approvedย  <_<

sad timesย ๐Ÿ˜ญย  ย but once again, thank you so much for all the support and I'll keep you updated on how tonight goes!ย 

also, slightly random side note: ditch the labelย  keeps asking me if i would like to mark the post as solved but i cant find the button anywhere for the life of me - apparently there's supposed to be a button at the end of the post but its not there haha oh wellย 

i have no clue on that - sorry haha. never heard of that. yes do keep me updated on how tonight goes, i care a lot about you even though i just met your wonderful- selfย ๐Ÿ’ž

• Hug 1

Lol no worries!ย 

Awwww thank you so much Megs, same goes for you, I really care about you too and if you ever need advice, support or just someone to talk to, I'm here :Dย 

• Hug 1

thankyou lovely <3!!

• Like 1

Heyyy Megs! I came back from the sleep out a few hours ago, it went great! I had so much fun with my friends, we had hot chocolate (it was soooo good) some soup and chatted until late

I slept really well too, sleeping indoors with my sleeping bag and headphones (my mates were loud haha and some snored too)

Overall, had loads of fun and i'm so glad i went :D

How are you doing? I hope youre having a great day - lmk what youve been up to!

hey jazzy, its 12pm here, i just woke up lol. awh sounds lovely. hru today

• Yay! 1

Awww i hope you had a great sleep Megs! Its currently 12.30 ish where im at

I'm doing really good thank you, just doing some homework and staying on top of it - yr 13 is so homework heavy lol

Any plans for today?

nah sundays r rest days for me ha. ye its 12:37pm for me <3. its so hot here and i livve on a cliff basically lol

• Like 1

Thats so nice! Rest up, relax and chill out <3 Omg living on a cliff sounds amazingggg, are the views nice? Over here its the opposite weirdly, its kinda chilly haha

i can see the see and the sunset is just beautiful! honestly its amazing hold on ill post a pic of the sunset last night.

Omg wow that is gorgeousssss

So stunning, i love sunsetssssss

3 minutes ago, jazzy.sky said:

Omg wow that is gorgeousssss

So stunning, i love sunsetssssss

me toooooooo i got my coke too lol