i feel the farthest away from attractive

Elly    

im attractive....with makeup. but without it, my face doesn't seem like it belongs so me. i feel like my parents genetics failed, and every compliment I get is a lie. i really dont want them to be though, and I want to feel pretty....but I dont know how. i dont know if i have to change myself? or accept myself....I just dont know.

• Ditch the Label Staff

Thanks so much for coming to community and I’m sure we can help you, I am so sorry you are feeling like this.

It’s good that you think you are attractive with makeup on and I am so sure you are beautiful without it too! What is sounds like to me is maybe you are just a little unfamiliar of your face without makeup and so it makes you feel like you don’t recognise it. Would you say that you wear makeup everyday?

I understand it’s so hard with the pressure to look good, especially on social media but maybe you could benefit from have a few days a week make up free just to get used to yourself in both forms.

You said it first, I think the best thing you can do is to accept yourself and know that you are beautiful.

Here are some articles I think will really help with building up your self esteem.

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-10-tips-of-overcoming-low-self-esteem/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/am-i-ugly/

I really hope this helps you Elly.

Staff-Account.png