Dear diary

Maisha Β  Β 

This is my first time creating a topic I don't know if I'm even in the right page but hey if anyones reading this I want to treat this as if I'm writing in my diary, except here someone might be reading this, my diary/journal is a safe place but I thought here is safe aswell. I guess I just wanted to check in with myself I've been inactive for so long on here and even with my own personal writing.

I had an exam today a psychology exam today I hope it went well. What I'm scared foe the most is getting results back from last weeks exams I almost don't wanna know what I got. I don't think I did well and I havnt been doing well since last year and I don't want to ponder over a grade that's why I almost refuse to know. Does anyone else feel like that?

Today I watched a movie called beautiful boy its about a teenager journey with addiction/substance abuse. Although I don't typically watch things like this nor do I relate to it this movie shed another light and gave me a deeper insight and it was just so well put together My heart goes out to anyone fighting addiction β™₯️  you can overcome this

Getting results back can be difficult, and a nerve racking time. Do you know when you’ll be getting your results back from the exam? Also, welcome to the community it’s lovely to meet you, @MaishaπŸ™‚!

Doing self- care is a great way to relive the anxiety, of course it won’t take away it completely but it will be good as you will feel a bit calmer getting the results. How does doing some self-care feel? If you need ideas on different self-care options I can help! Much love to you my friend!Β 
Β 

Hugs πŸ€—Β 

• Digital Mentor
46 minutes ago, Maisha said:

This is my first time creating a topic I don't know if I'm even in the right page but hey if anyones reading this I want to treat this as if I'm writing in my diary, except here someone might be reading this, my diary/journal is a safe place but I thought here is safe aswell. I guess I just wanted to check in with myself I've been inactive for so long on here and even with my own personal writing.

I had an exam today a psychology exam today I hope it went well. What I'm scared foe the most is getting results back from last weeks exams I almost don't wanna know what I got. I don't think I did well and I havnt been doing well since last year and I don't want to ponder over a grade that's why I almost refuse to know. Does anyone else feel like that?

Today I watched a movie called beautiful boy its about a teenager journey with addiction/substance abuse. Although I don't typically watch things like this nor do I relate to it this movie shed another light and gave me a deeper insight and it was just so well put together My heart goes out to anyone fighting addiction β™₯️  you can overcome this

Hi @Maisha,

Welcome to Ditch the Label. I am Duckie and I'm one of the support mentors.

It is perfectly normal to feel anxious about waiting to receive exam results. Do you usually feel like this or is this a particularly nerve-wrecking exam that you are waiting for the results for?

How does it usually make you feel when you get the exam back?

Staff-Account.png

I'm getting results back this week and yes it is an important exam. I'd try some self care then and try to relax now that I don't have any more exams. What do you guys do for self care and anxiety reliefΒ 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Maisha said:

I'm getting results back this week and yes it is an important exam. I'd try some self care then and try to relax now that I don't have any more exams. What do you guys do for self care and anxiety reliefΒ 

Oh wow, so you will find out very soon! Do let us know how it went (but only if you're comfortable sharing this, of course). Well done for getting through the exam bit regardless!

Self-care can be anything from treating yourself to a bath or a nice home made meal. Or making time to do a face mask. You could even invite some friends around to do some hair and face masks and watch a silly movie. Anything that benefits your mental health can be considered self-care, whether it's taking a moment to yourself to do something you enjoy doing or to plan some kind of reward for getting through a tough period.

If anyone has any good suggestions, I would love to hear them :)

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Maisha said:

I did go up a grade which I'm happy about and thankyou for the self care tips

Oh my goodness, that's absolutely fantastic! Congratulations and well done you!

I hope you celebrate this incredible achievement :) How are you feeling now?

Staff-Account.png