coming out advice, anyone?

bettercallsol    

i'm sol, and i've had some feeling of having a non-binary gender since early childhood. this upcoming year, i resolved to own up to it some. i've decided to come out to my favorite teacher, since he's basically family. the problem is, i don't know what to say. any suggestions?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi Sol!

Welcome to community.

That is absolutely amazing that you feel comfortable enough to discuss your gender expression to someone and even better that you already have a trusted adult in mind!

The best thing to do is try to tell him exactly how you are feeling. What has lead you to feel as though you are non-binary. You could use examples of how you feel day to day to help him understand. Share with him what pronouns make you feel most comfortable.

I would start by saying how you have felt this way since your childhood and you really wanted to share how you were feeling with someone that you really trusted.

I hope that helps Sol, and good luck!

Staff-Account.png