How do I know if he is interested in me?

Babycakes9 Β  Β 

I met this guy a few months ago we became friends he lives far far from me and recently he came to visit family when we visited we were saying to each other hubby and wifey and he said i am missable? what does that mean/ did he really miss me or just saying that? i started developing feelings for him and i let him know how i felt i have not heard back from since i sent the message we did talk online before i sent the message and he said he was coming back to visit maybe he is scared to respond back? please give me good advice

Edited by Babycakes9

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi Babycakes9

Β 

Welcome to community and thanks for sharing that with us.

Β 

ItÒ€ℒs a really brave step to tell someone you have feelings for them so well done for building up the courage to do that. How long ago did you tell him? Sometimes with emotions people prefer to talk face to face so maybe he is waiting to speak to you in person.

Β 

What would be your ideal response from him to be?

Staff-Account.png

I told him shortly after I had sen him.. he said he just wants to be friends at this point and is not looking to be in a relationship.. then i told him i am glad we are good friends and enjoy hanign out with him when he comes to visit and he said ya me to..

You do have a good attitude and that's awesome! I guess it's about waiting to see what happens but also really appreciating that you have a good friendship going rn.

Β 

Good luck with it all! :)

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 2 months later...

We are still talking to each other and last night I told him i would kick him in the butt (kidding of course) and he said what if i like it oh dear getting dirty.. i was shocked by his answer..

Hey @Babycakes9

Β 

It's hard to know without knowing the two of you and your relationship.

Β 

It could mean something but then again he may just be joking. Keep up your friendship i'd say and then if anything else happens it's a bonus.

Β 

-Remi

• 3 weeks later...

That's really hard to answer to be honest with you. People are very complicated, we all have different tastes, behave differently, etc etc.

Β 

With me personally, finding out someone feels the way I do about them, I don't know any other way to put it than it just kinda happened.

Β 

It's funny coming from me because I'm always way too shy to just ask someone out but I feel like the only way to see how they feel is ask.

Β 

Sorry that I can't be much help. I know it's all sorted now, you had the courage to mention it to them which I do admire and while it might not have been the result you wanted, you've still got a friend with is a great thing to have.

Β 

This does seem to be a question a lot of people would ask though, so there's my two cents on it, even if I'm not the best on advice on that subject.

Β 

That's really hard to answer to be honest with you. People are very complicated, we all have different tastes, behave differently, etc etc.

Β 

With me personally, finding out someone feels the way I do about them, I don't know any other way to put it than it just kinda happened.

Β 

It's funny coming from me because I'm always way too shy to just ask someone out but I feel like the only way to see how they feel is ask.

Β 

Sorry that I can't be much help. I know it's all sorted now, you had the courage to mention it to them which I do admire and while it might not have been the result you wanted, you've still got a friend with is a great thing to have.

Β 

This does seem to be a question a lot of people would ask though, so there's my two cents on it, even if I'm not the best on advice on that subject.

Thanks for the advice Reece!

• 2 months later...

Hi .. the guy is not coming out to visit and i dont know when he will anyway i went to a bbq the other night and my guy friend who lives in the same town as me was there and he put his arm around me hugging me and then he rubbed his hand up and down my back a few times or so.. why did he do that?

• Ditch the Label Staff

@Babycakes9 Hey, it could be that he is very tactile - some people are very huggy and affectionate by nature. If there were no other signs I wouldn't give too much thought to it.

Β 

Not everyone is comfortable with this so do tell him (or anyone else that does it) if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Staff-Account.png