Updated post reactions

Harper    

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi everyone,

In preparation for our Community 3.0 new look and feel which is scheduled to launch over the next week or so, I am excited to share that we've updated the imagery attached to post reactions and introduced a new 'Ride the Wave' reaction. Ride the Wave can be used to signal that you sympathise with somebody and a difficult situation that they find themselves in, but you believe in them and will be there as they quite literally ride the wave.

We've also added a random wildcard reaction which we may change now and again just for the fun of it. At the moment, it's set to Random Turkey 🤪

You can now also react to your own content, because why not?

As always, we love hearing your feedback! Let me know what you think below ⬇️

We'll also be updating shortly on the new look and feel, which is finally almost here!!

- Harper :D 

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

29 minutes ago, Harper said:

Hi everyone,

In preparation for our Community 3.0 new look and feel which is scheduled to launch over the next week or so, I am excited to share that we've updated the imagery attached to post reactions and introduced a new 'Ride the Wave' reaction. Ride the Wave can be used to signal that you sympathise with somebody and a difficult situation that they find themselves in, but you believe in them and will be there as they quite literally ride the wave.

We've also added a random wildcard reaction which we may change now and again just for the fun of it. At the moment, it's set to Random Turkey 🤪

You can now also react to your own content, because why not?

As always, we love hearing your feedback! Let me know what you think below ⬇️

We'll also be updating shortly on the new look and feel, which is finally almost here!!

- Harper :D 

The emojis look so call haha 😆 

Personally- I don’t like the new reactions you can give. They’re all too vague, I (and I’m sure lots of other people) struggle with deciphering tone and meaning, especially over the internet and text. With the old ones I didn’t have to guess what someone meant but now I look at them and I have no clue. Also the older ones had more variety, I liked the options it had. It was clearer and just looked better, it fit with out the website looked aesthetically too.

Edited by Coyotea
Used the wrong “to”

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 9/19/2023 at 7:43 PM, Coyotea said:

Personally- I don’t like the new reactions you can give. They’re all too vague, I (and I’m sure lots of other people) struggle with deciphering tone and meaning, especially over the internet and text. With the old ones I didn’t have to guess what someone meant but now I look at them and I have no clue. Also the older ones had more variety, I liked the options it had. It was clearer and just looked better, it fit with out the website looked aesthetically too.

Thank you for your feedback! Is there a reaction that you'd like to see us bring back? 

Considering all of your comments, would you let me know how you're feeling about them in say a week or so? ☺️

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Harper said:

Thank you for your feedback! Is there a reaction that you'd like to see us bring back? 

Considering all of your comments, would you let me know how you're feeling about them in say a week or so? ☺️

Honestly I think the best course of action would just to bring the old reactions back but I doubt 1 comment verses every other matters much. Sure, I’ll get back to you in a week but I just going to let you know now that my stance won’t change.

1 hour ago, Coyotea said:

Honestly I think the best course of action would just to bring the old reactions back but I doubt 1 comment verses every other matters much. Sure, I’ll get back to you in a week but I just going to let you know now that my stance won’t change.

Tbh, i agree. The emojis feels too.....wrong... in the context of our site. I feel like the old like and hug reactions were better...

18 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Tbh, i agree. The emojis feels too.....wrong... in the context of our site. I feel like the old like and hug reactions were better...

Yeah! And like I said, they old ones weren’t as vague, you knew what the person meant. 

1 minute ago, Coyotea said:

Yeah! And like I said, they old ones weren’t as vague, you knew what the person meant. 

Currently:

The yay one kinda works

The hug one....doesn't

The laughing one does

The shocked one doesn't really

THe sad one...kinda

The wave on is cool but I don't really know how I would ever use it

The thanks one seems more like 'please'

The yes emoji seems kinda weird

the nope one seems more random

the random on is fun and makes sense to me

the like one is....simple 

Just now, Emberfrost12 said:

Currently:

The yay one kinda works

The hug one....doesn't

The laughing one does

The shocked one doesn't really

THe sad one...kinda

The wave on is cool but I don't really know how I would ever use it

The thanks one seems more like 'please'

The yes emoji seems kinda weird

the nope one seems more random

the random on is fun and makes sense to me

the like one is....simple 

(In my opinion)

• 2 weeks later...

It's been more than a week! so....I'd like to start this up again. I still think the emoji reactions don't work, but can we PLEASE change the hug reaction really soon? When you're just looking at it, it seems like it's more a 'yay that's so great and amazing' type thing and not an 'aww that sucks' thing and I really really hate it

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

It's been more than a week! so....I'd like to start this up again. I still think the emoji reactions don't work, but can we PLEASE change the hug reaction really soon? When you're just looking at it, it seems like it's more a 'yay that's so great and amazing' type thing and not an 'aww that sucks' thing and I really really hate it

Yeah I get what you mean

Was this the hug Emoji you think should come back? 🫂

On 10/2/2023 at 9:27 AM, catgal05 said:

Yeah I get what you mean

Was this the hug Emoji you think should come back? 🫂

Yeah, something similar 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 10:18 AM, Harper said:

It has been over a week. My feelings about the reactions have not changed.

I still think the older ones looked and communicated better, I think it would be best to bring those back.

• Like 1