Confused about my sexuality

DiamondNuggetz    

Up until recently, I have been sure that I was straight, but now, I have been having a surge in "man-crushes". There is one problem that is confusing me the most. I have crushes on these people and would find no problem kissing, but I can't picture myself having sex with anyone of the same sex while I can with the opposite sex. Does this mean that I am not bi?

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi Diamond Nuggetz,

Welcome to Community, we are so happy to have you here!

This is a really great question and I totally understand why you may feel confused...

Sexuality is a wide spectrum and there is no 'one size fits all' version. If you feel as though you are bi-sexual then you are - attraction and sexual attraction can be different. You may be attracted to someone and not want to have sex with them or you may just be still trying to figure out what your romantic feelings mean and that is completely okay!

You could always try asking out one of your crushes on a date and see how you feel? What attracted to them originally?

This article might help - https://www.ditchthelabel.org/i-am-a-bisexual-man/

This is a more lighthearted quiz you could take https://www.ditchthelabel.org/am-i-bisexual-quiz/.

Staff-Account.png

Thank you for the help! I feel alot more confident in my sexuality although I am not quite ready to come out yet. I think I may come out to some people I know online first because it can have less consequences. Again, thanks for the help.

Hey Diamond Nuggets,

Glad we could help. No worries that you don't feel comfortable coming out yet but it's really good that you feel comfortable in your sexuality. You should never feel rushed to come out - it should 100% be in your own time.

Whenever you are ready - come and have a chat with us and we would be happy to support you through it!

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.