This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sexual Assault & Rape, Trauma, Abuse

SA survivors

Velles    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Sexual Assault & Rape, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Just talk about what ptsd or problems we struggle with after our SA

• Hug 2

• Digital Mentor

Hi @Velles, I can see that you are new here so I wanted to say a warm welcome to Ditch the Label. It's so nice to have you here. This is a welcoming and safe space and I'm really glad you found us. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. 

Thank you so much for reaching out. It sounds like you would like to hear from others who have also experienced SA. When something like this has happened to us it can make us feel alone and we might not know, who to talk to. Hearing from others who have been through a similar experience about how they are coping can be really powerful and can help us to feel less alone. I'm not sure if others are comfortable to share how they are doing on the forum as it can be difficult to talk about. If there are others who would like to share how they have been doing but would prefer to talk about it more privately, maybe you could create a closed club and others can ask to join the club. If you would like to do that you just need to click on our Clubs tap at the top of the page, click 'start new club' and tick the 'closed club' option. Like this everyone can see the club but only members can see posts and participate. Anyone who would like to join can request to join the club and you can then let them in. This is just a thought - please don't feel you have to do this. 

I also wanted to let you know that there are several support mentors here at Ditch the Label. If you would like to talk about what happened, then we are here for you. Just let us know and we will reach out to you via confidential support. 

Staff-Account.png

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Sexual Assault & Rape

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I’m not going to go into detail about my past abu’se but I have C-PTSD due to that happening but also due to other stuff happening. But I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone, we’re here for you. Much love ❤️

Edited by Megs-
  • Hug 3