Does anyone have name ideas?

-Aussie- Β  Β 

Hello! I am looking for some name Ideas. A lit bit on context, I am Non-Binary and i have wanted to change my name for a bit. Mostly because I just hate my name (family reasons). I need sugestions though, like what are some good name you would pick. At first it was going to be Asra but idk how i feel about that name anymore. I don't think it matches me

Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

Zach Cant Focus was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

1 hour ago, -Aussie- said:

Hello! I am looking for some name Ideas. A lit bit on context, I am Non-Binary and i have wanted to change my name for a bit. Mostly because I just hate my name (family reasons). I need sugestions though, like what are some good name you would pick. At first it was going to be Asra but idk how i feel about that name anymore. I don't think it matches me

hello! my general advice would be to go to behindthename.com and search for unisex names with the same first initial as your deadname. i love my name, but in retrospect i could have saved myself a lot of pain if i had kept my initials.

• Yaaas 1

7 minutes ago, Zach Cant Focus said:

hello! my general advice would be to go to behindthename.com and search for unisex names with the same first initial as your deadname. i love my name, but in retrospect i could have saved myself a lot of pain if i had kept my initials.

I can try that. Thank you!

Bump, i really need ideas

• Digital Mentor
On 9/7/2023 at 8:55 PM, -Aussie- said:

Β 

Heyy @-Aussie-, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.

It's wonderful that you're exploring new name options and taking steps towards finding a name that truly resonates with you. I completely understand that family reasons can sometimes make your current name feel less comfortable. Choosing a new name is a deeply personal and meaningful process, so take your time to find the one that feels right for you.Β 

A few things I wanted to highlight before you decide to choose a name:Β 

Β 

• Reflect on Your Identity: Consider what aspects of your identity you want your new name to reflect. Are there qualities, interests, or symbols that hold significance for you? Sometimes, finding a name that aligns with your identity can make it feel more genuine
  • Explore Different Sources: Look into literature, mythology, history, or other cultures for names that resonate with you. You might find inspiration in the names of characters, historical figures, or even nature
  • Try Different Pronouns: Experiment with different names and pronouns with close friends or trusted individuals who support you. This can help you get a feel for how various names fit and sound in real-life conversations
  • Online Name Generators: There are various online tools and name generators specifically designed to help people find names. While they might not provide the perfect name, they can offer interesting options to consider, which was a good point y @Zach Cant Focus
  • Keep an Open Mind: It's okay if your feelings about a name change over time. Names can evolve just like people do. Don't rush the process; give yourself the freedom to explore and change your mind

How does this sound to you?

Β 

Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

Bump, i really need ideas

That's completely okay, here are a few suggestions (Do let me know what you think about themΒ πŸ™‚), choose one that resonates with you and feels right for your unique identity:

Β 

1. Avery
  2. Rowan
  3. Emery
  4. Sage
  5. Quinn
  6. Riley
  7. Skyler
  8. Jordan
  9. Phoenix
  10. Ezra
  11. Morgan
  12. Sasha
  13. Indigo
  14. Wren
  15. Reese
  16. Kai
  17. Taylor
  18. Dakota
  19. Finley
  20. Robin

These are just a starting point, and there are countless beautiful names out there. Take your time, explore different options, and choose the one that feels most authentic and comfortable for you. Your name is a reflection of your identity, and it should be something that brings you joy and pride.

Love You Hearts GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 9/9/2023 at 4:41 AM, Luie said:

That's completely okay, here are a few suggestions (Do let me know what you think about themΒ πŸ™‚), choose one that resonates with you and feels right for your unique identity:

1. Avery
  2. Rowan
  3. Emery
  4. Sage
  5. Quinn
  6. Riley
  7. Skyler
  8. Jordan
  9. Phoenix
  10. Ezra
  11. Morgan
  12. Sasha
  13. Indigo
  14. Wren
  15. Reese
  16. Kai
  17. Taylor
  18. Dakota
  19. Finley
  20. Robin

These are just a starting point, and there are countless beautiful names out there. Take your time, explore different options, and choose the one that feels most authentic and comfortable for you. Your name is a reflection of your identity, and it should be something that brings you joy and pride.

Love You Hearts GIF by Pudgy Penguins

I do like Azra, and Kai, I really want to find one that will work really good for me though

• Digital Mentor
On 9/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, -Aussie- said:

I do like Azra, and Kai, I really want to find one that will work really good for me though

Hi Aussie,

I see @LuieΒ and @Zach Cant FocusΒ came up with some great suggestions for neutral names. Have you found one that feels like "the one" yet? :)

Some other suggestions:

Ash

Eli

Adrien

Stevie

Drew

Beck

Max

Dylan

Blake

Jamie

Cameron

Billie

Leslie

Elliot

Noah

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 9/11/2023 at 3:10 PM, -Aussie- said:

Ofcourse, take your time! Do let us know if you need to speak more about thisΒ πŸ˜€ Use this space to think out loud if it helps you.Β 

Staff-Account.png