Should I text?

Bisexual Soprano    

I got a text from a number I don't recognize.  The text just says hey, no introduction, no weird stuff.  The area code and prefix are the same as mine so I don't think it's a spammer.  But I haven't given anyone my number lately and I can't think of anywhere someone could find my number.  The number called me before I got the text, but I missed the call bc my phone wasn't with me.  Should I text the number back?

13 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

I got a text from a number I don't recognize.  The text just says hey, no introduction, no weird stuff.  The area code and prefix are the same as mine so I don't think it's a spammer.  But I haven't given anyone my number lately and I can't think of anywhere someone could find my number.  The number called me before I got the text, but I missed the call bc my phone wasn't with me.  Should I text the number back?

Hi there, I have gotten weird things like that before on my phone and I generally do not reply.  The way I see it, if it was truly meant for you and important, there would be a clear explanation and follow up.  Knowing this, what do you think about ignoring it?

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Catsup said:

Hi there, I have gotten weird things like that before on my phone and I generally do not reply.  The way I see it, if it was truly meant for you and important, there would be a clear explanation and follow up.  Knowing this, what do you think about ignoring it?

I probably should

1 minute ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

I probably should

It sounds like you're already pretty careful about replying to things, which is great.  I hope you are doing well. :)

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Catsup said:

It sounds like you're already pretty careful about replying to things, which is great.  I hope you are doing well. :)

I'm doing alright :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No, unless they proceed to text more and give more information on who they are. It’s most likely a scam