Guys I messed up really really bad

-Aussie- Β  Β 

One of my friends gave me a note about how they were feeling and it was in a different language so i used a google doc and translated it and they school found out and that friend left the friend group and i feel like my whole groups hates me now besides like 3 people and i lost one of my best friends because of a stupid action.

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

One of my friends gave me a note about how they were feeling and it was in a different language so i used a google doc and translated it and they school found out and that friend left the friend group and i feel like my whole groups hates me now besides like 3 people and i lost one of my best friends because of a stupid action.

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened. Can I say though, that I don't think you messed up. You were trying to help a friend and it was unfortunate that the school found out. I think most of us would have done what you did and translated the note - otherwise it would have been impossible to know what your friend was trying to tell you. Do you mind me asking, how the school found out and what they did, after they found out? Please don't feel you have to answer if you don't want to. Have you tried talking to your friend about what happened since then?Β 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that this has happened. Can I say though, that I don't think you messed up. You were trying to help a friend and it was unfortunate that the school found out. I think most of us would have done what you did and translated the note - otherwise it would have been impossible to know what your friend was trying to tell you. Do you mind me asking, how the school found out and what they did, after they found out? Please don't feel you have to answer if you don't want to. Have you tried talking to your friend about what happened since then?Β 

the found ove through email, and they called her mom and now that said friends does not really like me now.Β 

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, -Aussie- said:

the found ove through email, and they called her mom and now that said friends does not really like me now.Β 

Oh no, that's tricky. Have you tried explaining to her what happened?Β 

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Oh no, that's tricky. Have you tried explaining to her what happened?Β 

yeah, i have tried that but she is not in the friend group anymore and i think they blocked me.

• Digital Mentor
18 minutes ago, -Aussie- said:

yeah, i have tried that but she is not in the friend group anymore and i think they blocked me.

I'm sorry to hear that. It is frustrating when you want to explain what happened and you can't. Maybe after a bit of time has passed, they might be OK with you speaking to them. What do you think? Can I just check, when you say they blocked you - do you mean your friend or your friend group? And do you mind me asking, do you think the school did the right thing, to contact the mother of your friend?Β 

Just to let you know that I need to log off now but I will be back online on Monday.Β 

Staff-Account.png

4 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry to hear that. It is frustrating when you want to explain what happened and you can't. Maybe after a bit of time has passed, they might be OK with you speaking to them. What do you think? Can I just check, when you say they blocked you - do you mean your friend or your friend group? And do you mind me asking, do you think the school did the right thing, to contact the mother of your friend?Β 

Just to let you know that I need to log off now but I will be back online on Monday.Β 

Ok thats fine

the Blocked me, idk about the group, i can try talking with them later, It may have been a good thing but that friend did not want anyone to knowΒ 

• Digital Mentor
On 9/1/2023 at 4:32 PM, -Aussie- said:

Ok thats fine

the Blocked me, idk about the group, i can try talking with them later, It may have been a good thing but that friend did not want anyone to knowΒ 

Hi there, I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? Have things settled down a bit or is your friend still upset with you?

I get that your friend didn't want anyone knowing but do you think in the long run it might be a good thing that the school passed it on to their mom (even if you didn't tell them intentionally). Do you think that your friend is now getting some support?Β 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? Have things settled down a bit or is your friend still upset with you?

I get that your friend didn't want anyone knowing but do you think in the long run it might be a good thing that the school passed it on to their mom (even if you didn't tell them intentionally). Do you think that your friend is now getting some support?Β 

no doing too good today but its what ever. That friend is a little upset still. I don't know if they are getting support. i do know they were really mad and call that teacher a bitch.

(sorry for the language)

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

no doing too good today but its what ever. That friend is a little upset still. I don't know if they are getting support. i do know they were really mad and call that teacher a bitch.

(sorry for the language)

No need to apologies. It sounds like your friend was really angry with the teacher. Was it the teacher who told her mom? I'm wondering whether they were a bit worried as to what would happen next. Sometimes when we are feeling anxious about something it can lead to angry outbursts. It might seem that we're angry about something but it's actually our anxiety that's causing it. Have you ever experienced that yourself?Β 

I'm sorry to hear you're not doing too good. Would you like to talk about it? We're here for youΒ 

Staff-Account.png