Rainy Days

_Jasper_    

How do you feel about the Rain?

I'll start;

I absolutely love them. They really hit home with me and I always go and sit on my porch to watch it storm. I love to stand in the rain and let it wash away all my fears and sadness. For while that moment I'm standing in the rain, I feel free and I feel like myself.

Is it weird that I love the rain more than the sun? Let me explain why I prefer rain to sunny days.

I have always loved the sound of rain, If I’m having a bad day/night and it’s raining, I tend to put shoes on, with a jacket/coat and go sit on a seat outside and listen to the rain hitting the ground/bushes. It’s therapeutic, and I tend to sleep with rain sounds on my TV, because of course I love rain and it helps me drift off. I love going camping especially when it rain’s because, I love being able to put my wellies on and being able to go for a walk with the mud squelching beneath my wellies. Then going back to the tent and having a hot chocolate, with cream and marshmallows listening to the rain hitting the tent is just Argh so so nice! 

🙂❤️! love this thread sooooo much ❤️

( I did reply but it needs to be approved, not sure why though 🤔)!

29 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Is it weird that I love the rain more than the sun? Let me explain why I prefer rain to sunny days.

I have always loved the sound of rain, If I’m having a bad day/night and it’s raining, I tend to put shoes on, with a jacket/coat and go sit on a seat outside and listen to the rain hitting the ground/bushes. It’s therapeutic, and I tend to sleep with rain sounds on my TV, because of course I love rain and it helps me drift off. I love going camping especially when it rain’s because, I love being able to put my wellies on and being able to go for a walk with the mud squelching beneath my wellies. Then going back to the tent and having a hot chocolate, with cream and marshmallows listening to the rain hitting the tent is just Argh so so nice! 

<333

• Digital Mentor
On 8/31/2023 at 6:56 PM, Megs- said:

Have you heard of rainymood? It's the best!! Wrote my dissertation to the sound of constant rain and thunder, pretty much 😅

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Have you heard of rainymood? It's the best!! Wrote my dissertation to the sound of constant rain and thunder, pretty much 😅

Ooh 😮 !! How interesting, what’s a dissertation?

• Digital Mentor
11 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Ooh 😮 !! How interesting, what’s a dissertation?

It's an academic uni essay where you conduct and report your own research and findings :) I pretty much heard rain and thunder on and off for a good six months xD But it really soothed me during a really stressful time.

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

It's an academic uni essay where you conduct and report your own research and findings :) I pretty much heard rain and thunder on and off for a good six months xD But it really soothed me during a really stressful time.

Oh wowzers, that’s very interesting! I wish I was intelligent enough to go to uni but my grades are crap. 😆

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Oh wowzers, that’s very interesting! I wish I was intelligent enough to go to uni but my grades are crap. 😆

So were mine to be honest. But I got my act together when I finally had the opportunity to study something I was genuinely interested in - Social Psychology. Then studying didn't seem like studying. Honestly, I had so much fun infiltrating groups and studying people without them knowing. It's all part of learning people's behaviours and analyzing their conversations. Made me feel like a spy! But it also made me able to explain stuff  that would normally bother me, but didn't have the words to describe. Like why is it so upsetting to be ignored? Why do some people like to embarrass you in front of people? Why is it so important for us to put labels on ourselves and others etc. Really interesting stuff!

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

So were mine to be honest. But I got my act together when I finally had the opportunity to study something I was genuinely interested in - Social Psychology. Then studying didn't seem like studying. Honestly, I had so much fun infiltrating groups and studying people without them knowing. It's all part of learning people's behaviours and analyzing their conversations. Made me feel like a spy! But it also made me able to explain stuff  that would normally bother me, but didn't have the words to describe. Like why is it so upsetting to be ignored? Why do some people like to embarrass you in front of people? Why is it so important for us to put labels on ourselves and others etc. Really interesting stuff!

Never heard of social psychology! Wait are you a psychologist?

• Digital Mentor
44 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Never heard of social psychology! Wait are you a psychologist?

Hi Megs,

I am a social psychologist. It's the sweet spot where sociology meets psychology. So I'v learned about how we become social human beings and how we ascribe meaning to things and understand the world because of our experiences. It's about communication inside a group, but more about looking at people's behaviour. You get to do little social experiments and ask what people's opinions are, which is always interesting. It sometimes helps to understand where stigma comes from and how one can "defend themselves" against it. It's really interesting to broaden your perspective like that and learn that by the end of the day... no one has any idea of what they're actually doing and we're all just doing our best to navigate a stressful life. We all like to seem like we're in control to the degree that we avoid doing new things, because we don't want to shatter the picture other people have of us, because we might lose our cool. As if that's the worst thing ever... And yet, this is a real threat to someone who's anxious. Very interesting stuff.

Staff-Account.png