Help

Dumpling1    

I just started a new girls school 1 week ago and already a girl who befriended me has started picking on me because I liked the status of a girl she said she didn't like. She has now started making me feel crap and turned all her mates against me. I try to ignore her but she keeps on at me saying im ignoring her and if i cry she doesnt care. I didn't want to change schools in the first place as I knew this would happen. She is a loud mouth in class, is feisty and is always in detention or on report. Most of the girls in our year hang out with her. I don't want to go back to school as all her friends are gonna start trouble

Hi Dumpling1!

Welcome to Community... I'm so sorry about what you're going through. It can be really hard to navigate cliques-- especially in a new school!

Have you spoken, individually, to this person that's picking on you? You might be able to talk to them about how their actions are affecting you, and how you'd like them to stop. Here's an article with tips on how to speak to her-- as it might get some healthy conversation going:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/speak-anyone-anything-conflict-resolution/

But it sounds like it wouldn't be a good friendship to be in, even if you were to apologise for 'liking' that other person's status. You need to be you, and develop healthy friendships. This person seems like they have some things they're working through, so know, what they're doing is not a reflection of you-- it's a reflection of their own problems. Here's an important article on why people bully:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/why-do-people-bully/

Are there any other people in the school you can talk to about this? Like a teacher who can help end the bullying? Maybe they can mediate a conversation between you two.

It might be helpful to find out what the anti-bullying protocols are in your school. That way you can find out how to take action to end the bullying.

Hope this is a helpful start.. let me know how it goes!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.