My religion or my sexuality

Lady Eclipse Β  Β 

Hi, so I have been struggling with something for a while... I think I am bisexual. But my family is Christian and I would say I am too.Β  However, I KNOW in the bible it is a sin. So I have been putting aside my feelings and desires because I don't want to go to hell. Yet, at the same time, I feel like I am hiding a part of myself. What should I do?

There’s nothing wrong or bad with being bi, or literally any other sexuality (or even gender identity).

On 8/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, Lady Eclipse said:

Hi, so I have been struggling with something for a while... I think I am bisexual. But my family is Christian and I would say I am too.Β  However, I KNOW in the bible it is a sin. So I have been putting aside my feelings and desires because I don't want to go to hell. Yet, at the same time, I feel like I am hiding a part of myself. What should I do?

Hi, I can understand about not wanting to tell your parents and if you feel like they will kick you out or something then don't tell them or if your fear that you will get hurt. We all want you to be safe on here. Now there is nothing wrong with being Bisexual and you will NOT go to hell for being bi. You have nothing to worry about about being bi. Something i can recomend is if you have any friends you trust start by telling them and see how they react it will be best for you to have some support before you tell you parents. also think about the good that my come out of it, like you won't have to hid that part of yourself anymore and what if your parents reaction won't be that bad. My parents are Christian and when they found out i was Bi they where ok with it they where confused at first but now it is ok. Don't tell them untill your ready though. Remember that we are here for you if you need help. Hugs!

(sorry if it is long)

On 8/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, Lady Eclipse said:

Hi there, it can be really challenging sometimes to reconcile belief systems and your identity that you cannot simply change.Β  It must be a struggle to feel like how you think and feel is unacceptable.

I'd like to ask you if you are you 100% sure that being bi is a sin?Β  I ask because many Christian churches are open to different sexualities based on their own interpretations of the bible.Β  Would you perhaps consider looking into or even speaking with someone who has your faith background, about this?Β  You could even drop by a church that you know is LGBT friendly, just to get that perspective.

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with you, and you are very much of value.Β  You can keep your faith without feeling shame about who you are.Β  What are your thoughts on that? Do you think it is possible?

Staff-Account.png

On 8/27/2023 at 10:01 AM, Catsup said:

Hi there, it can be really challenging sometimes to reconcile belief systems and your identity that you cannot simply change.Β  It must be a struggle to feel like how you think and feel is unacceptable.

I'd like to ask you if you are you 100% sure that being bi is a sin?Β  I ask because many Christian churches are open to different sexualities based on their own interpretations of the bible.Β  Would you perhaps consider looking into or even speaking with someone who has your faith background, about this?Β  You could even drop by a church that you know is LGBT friendly, just to get that perspective.

I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with you, and you are very much of value.Β  You can keep your faith without feeling shame about who you are.Β  What are your thoughts on that? Do you think it is possible?

I have researched LGBTQ Christian websites, that discuss the passages about homosexuality. They all basically said it was a mistranslation. I dunno, I personally don't think it's a mistranslation because of the context. And maybe that just because my parents and church have engraved that into me. But I just can't justify it to myself. I hope I am not being annoying.

I have spoken about it with a mentor on the Trevor project. She said "Well, why don't you make your time here on earth, heaven"? It sounds freeing. But even if I live 80 more years, its nothing compared to an ETERNITY in hell. However, I made a couple of friends that are lesbians on Trevor space, which has helped me alot. Like I meet them two days ago and I already feel so much happier. Because I can just be real with them. But like I said earlier, I hope i'm not being annoying or sound like some sort of drama queen. I am just realizing this might be something no one can really help me with, and I just need to deal with on my own.

On 8/26/2023 at 8:36 PM, -Aussie- said:

Hi, I can understand about not wanting to tell your parents and if you feel like they will kick you out or something then don't tell them or if your fear that you will get hurt. We all want you to be safe on here. Now there is nothing wrong with being Bisexual and you will NOT go to hell for being bi. You have nothing to worry about about being bi. Something i can recomend is if you have any friends you trust start by telling them and see how they react it will be best for you to have some support before you tell you parents. also think about the good that my come out of it, like you won't have to hid that part of yourself anymore and what if your parents reaction won't be that bad. My parents are Christian and when they found out i was Bi they where ok with it they where confused at first but now it is ok. Don't tell them untill your ready though. Remember that we are here for you if you need help. Hugs!

(sorry if it is long)

It's not long! And I appreciate your comment. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but how did you justify being bi and Christian? I've just read passages in the bible that say being gay is wrong, which is why I'm struggling.

Yeah, I don't feel comfortable telling my parents. They would kick me out and not let me see my siblings. I have made jokes to my parents like, "would you still love me if I was gay?" And they said, "no, and you would not be living in this house". So yeah… My friends are from church, and are always making fun of being gay, so I don't plan on telling them. It is just easier that way.

3 minutes ago, Lady Eclipse said:

It's not long! And I appreciate your comment. You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but how did you justify being bi and Christian? I've just read passages in the bible that say being gay is wrong, which is why I'm struggling.

Yeah, I don't feel comfortable telling my parents. They would kick me out and not let me see my siblings. I have made jokes to my parents like, "would you still love me if I was gay?" And they said, "no, and you would not be living in this house". So yeah… My friends are from church, and are always making fun of being gay, so I don't plan on telling them. It is just easier that way.

My whole family is christan but i am not, and they don't know that but when they found out they were really chill about it, i had to have a talk with them and beside the fact that they said my parents said my feeling were fake because i was too young. Just because the bible says that is is a sin does not mean that it truly is a sin and doesn't they bible also they it will forgive for sins. ( sorry, idk if you will want to talk stil because i am not christan)