I just shared a n**e to a scammer

E656    

So i met this girl who was asking for nudes. I thought f it and googled a nude and sent it to her. She sent a tit pic to me and i sent a video of my d that looked like the ond from google. Thats when she says she wants money or i publish these. Shd knows my face, my dick, my rough location (not exact) and my discors. She does not know my name, i made a google account with a fake name to confuse her but i dont know if she has my name. WHAT TF DO I DO

9 hours ago, E656 said:

So i met this girl who was asking for nudes. I thought f it and googled a nude and sent it to her. She sent a tit pic to me and i sent a video of my d that looked like the ond from google. Thats when she says she wants money or i publish these. Shd knows my face, my dick, my rough location (not exact) and my discors. She does not know my name, i made a google account with a fake name to confuse her but i dont know if she has my name. WHAT TF DO I DO

Hey there,

I'm one of the digital mentors here at Ditch the Label and I give advice to those who reach out to us. I'm sorry to hear that this girl is threatening you. If you haven't already, I would strongly recommend screenshotting the conversation where she threatens you and reporting the account. Can I ask, where did this conversation happen? Next, you might want to consider blocking her account and making all of your social media accounts private and changing your usernames. Just to let you know, I have supported lots of people who have had the same thing happen to them. In these situations, it appears that the money is the only motivation for the perpetrator. I have advised all these people to block the individual. The thing is, as the money is probably the only thing they want, when they realise they have been blocked, it's likely that they then realise they aren't going to get anything and will then give up. What do you think? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 months later...
Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

sammyboy was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 20 points.

It’s likely that this scammer is just that, a scammer. And it sucks when we feel validated and feel something only to recognize it’s fake and scandalous. Most scammers target victims with the threat and make it seem like they will; however, they won’t actually go for it. In the end, if they even did it, what benefit would they get? Ruin your life? These scammers aren’t so interested in ruining someone’s life, they like to threaten and suggest they can and only by giving money are they actually benefitting. Don’t play into their trap. I’ve been through it before and yeah it sucks but you only give them power if you pay. Don’t pay and they have no power to begin with. 

Edited by sammyboy

• Digital Mentor
5 hours ago, sammyboy said:

It’s likely that this scammer is just that, a scammer. And it sucks when we feel validated and feel something only to recognize it’s fake and scandalous. Most scammers target victims with the threat and make it seem like they will; however, they won’t actually go for it. In the end, if they even did it, what benefit would they get? Ruin your life? These scammers aren’t so interested in ruining someone’s life, they like to threaten and suggest they can and only by giving money are they actually benefitting. Don’t play into their trap. I’ve been through it before and yeah it sucks but you only give them power if you pay. Don’t pay and they have no power to begin with. 

That's really helpful advice @sammyboy. I'm sorry to hear that you've been through it before yourself. We're here for you if you would like to talk about it (no pressure though!) 

Staff-Account.png