July Updates πŸ›Έ - New design, metaverse, additional privacy and more..!

Harper Β  Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi everyone, Happy Friday! I'm happy to share some community updates and new features - all of which were born from member suggestions, so thank you! If you have an idea on how we can improve our platform, you can share your idea here. Β 

On update on the new look and feel

We are still waiting on our developers to finish the new look and feel - we are as frustrated with the delay as you are and are doing our best to get these updates rolled out ASAP. Once we are ready to launch, we'll notify you and will allow you to temporarily switch back to the current look and feel for a period of 4-weeks to help you gradually adjust over. After the adjustment period, the current experience will be turned off and no longer accessible. Happy to share that the new experience features both light and dark mode and is fully responsive, so it'll look great regardless of which device you're using. I am hesitant to promise a launch date at this stage, given that our developers have been delayed throughout, but it hopefully shouldn't take much longer. Thanks for your patience.

New privacy settings

We understand that there's a gap in the ways you access support. You can either contact us via Confidential Support and only a mentor will see your request, or you can post on the forums for everybody to see. What if your request isn't suited to Confidential Support but you also don't feel comfortable talking about it more publicly? We're now testing new privacy settings to give you more control over who can see your content. In your Account Settings hub, you'll now see a tab called 'Topic Privacy'. Here you can tell us who is allowed to view topics that you post - either everyone, followers and staff or just staff only.

This applies to all of your topics and your posts within the topics that you create. This does not apply to replies that you post on topics created by other people. We'd be really keen to hear your feedback on this new feature - so let us know your thoughts below πŸ”½

Metaverse testing!

We'll soon be launching an exciting new way to access support from a digital mentor! For a small period of time and for a small group of community members, we'll be offering free therapy sessions in the metaverse. Closer to the time, we'll be sharing more information about the criteria and will open up the application form to take part. Before then, we'll be looking for a handful of members to give us some initial feedback on what we've been building! To access the metaverse, all you need is either a smartphone, laptop or desktop with a stable internet connection. If you're interested, we'd love to hear from you below.

Smaller changes

• You can now report content that upsets you, not to have it removed but to request a Mentor to message you
  • New optional Trigger Warning for posts that is heavily emotionalΒ 
  • Added new Word Expansions for acronym: CS, TW & CG (hover over the text for an explanation of what it means)
  • Like 3

Staff-Account.png

Sounds good! I’m interested btw I’m on iPhone so can’t hover over the words

Edited by Megs-

2 hours ago, Megs- said:

Sounds good! I’m interested btw I’m on iPhone so can’t hover over the words

CS: Confidential support. TW: Trigger warning. CG: Community Guidelines

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 5:34 AM, Harper said:

Metaverse testing!

We'll soon be launching an exciting new way to access support from a digital mentor! For a small period of time and for a small group of community members, we'll be offering free therapy sessions in the metaverse. Closer to the time, we'll be sharing more information about the criteria and will open up the application form to take part. Before then, we'll be looking for a handful of members to give us some initial feedback on what we've been building! To access the metaverse, all you need is either a smartphone, laptop or desktop with a stable internet connection. If you're interested, we'd love to hear from you below.

Haha, I'm assuming it also needs a web browser; otherwise, I could be interested