Am I really Bi or do I just like 1 girl?

Iamme6    

Hey 👋🏽 

I’ve always dated men.

I started speaking to a girl recently and I like her which has me questioning if I’m actually bi. I don’t like labels and don’t think I’m usually attracted to girls day to day but I have had experiences with girls in the past.

am I bi or do I just like this particular girl????

• Digital Mentor
On 7/26/2023 at 1:45 PM, Iamme6 said:

Hey 👋🏽 

I’ve always dated men.

I started speaking to a girl recently and I like her which has me questioning if I’m actually bi. I don’t like labels and don’t think I’m usually attracted to girls day to day but I have had experiences with girls in the past.

am I bi or do I just like this particular girl????

Hi there, 

I can see that you are new here so I wanted to start off by welcoming you to Ditch the Label!! It's lovely to have you here 😀. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. 

Thank you for opening up about what's been going on for you. It sounds like you have been having feelings for a girl and now you are trying to figure out your sexuality. I think it's only natural to be thinking about this but I wanted to reassure you that you don't have to put any pressure on yourself to have an answer straight away. Sexuality can be fluid and it can change over time.  Also, you mentioned that you don't like labels and it's absolutely fine if you don't want to label yourself. I would suggest that you trust your feelings and see where they lead you. How does that sound? 

Staff-Account.png

Not sure if this is a good idea but have you looked into all of the sexuality’s? There are different websites which discuss the different sexuality’s! 

Hi. I’m Cath, a female and I am currently bi-curious. 

I have a crush on my girl bff. She always made me super nervous and I realized that it was all butterflies instead. I keep imagining us together and I just want to be with her. In the past I always liked boys and I’m afraid that this might be a phase and that it might be fake. 

• Digital Mentor

Heyy @Cather815,  I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you. 

Hello GIF by Originals

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, Cather815 said:

Hi. I’m Cath, a female and I am currently bi-curious. 

I have a crush on my girl bff. She always made me super nervous and I realized that it was all butterflies instead. I keep imagining us together and I just want to be with her. In the past I always liked boys and I’m afraid that this might be a phase and that it might be fake. 

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us on the community. It's completely okay to be curious about your feelings and to explore different aspects of your identity. It sounds like you're experiencing a mix of emotions, especially with having a crush on your girl best friend. It's totally natural to feel nervous and excited when you have strong feelings for someone, and the butterflies you're experiencing can be a sign of those emotions.

Feelings can be complex and can change over time, and that's okay too. Exploring your emotions is a part of understanding yourself better. Since you mentioned that you've liked boys in the past, it's understandable that you might have some concerns about whether this attraction to your girl best friend is just a phase. Discovering your sexual orientation is a journey, and it's okay if your feelings evolve over time, so take it one step at a time 🙂 If you feel comfortable sharing, I'm curious to know more about what you think has triggered this change in your feelings? Also, have you noticed any specific aspects of your girl best friend that you find particularly attractive or intriguing? 

Here for you, let's try and navigate this together. 

Staff-Account.png