Being Bullied by my next door neighbor

Tired of Being Bullied    

Yes, I am a 68 year old woman who is being bullied by my neighbor who owns restaurant. I've done this neighbor a huge favor - before he opened, the City wouldn't let him open because he needed one more parking space in order to do that. He came to me and asked me if I would write a letter to the City telling them that I was going to give him a parking space in my yard. The restaurant owner said he would never use the space - that he just needed the letter to open the restaurant. I didn't hesitate at all - wrote the letter for him - and he was able to move forward and open up. I even brought him 2 bottles of wine when he opened to wish him good luck. In March of 2017, I approached the restaurant owner because AC unit on the side of his building and which borders my driveway was really loud and disturbing my tenants. He ignored me. I approached him a second time (very nicely) and he ignored me again. I approached him a third time and the same. I then contacted Health Department and the Community Officer and he didn't like that - so after I met with them and few times, all of a sudden I find my front door smashed in. Then grease from restaurant was all splattered all over my vinyl siding which I had to pay someone to clean. The grease was like tar - and very difficult to remove. It ruined my siding. I have been to Health Dept., Zoning, Blight, Police, Mayor, City Council and not one person will help me. My lawyer wants me to sue for Nuisance Noise but he charges $255 an hour and I don't want to go tthere. This is way out of control, it's affecting my health in that I can't sleep. My sister even tried to go over and talk to him last week and he told my sister to tell me that I had better watch it - that he's a crazy Italian. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THIS. I'M AFRAID HE'S GOING TO DO MORE DAMAGE TO MY HOME, MY CAR OR MY FAMILY.

Edited by Tired of Being Bullied

File a lawsuit against him.

I'm thinking of it - the thing is I'm afraid of what he might do to me - he's already damaged my property and no one in the city is helping me - they are all crooked. But I think that's what I'm going to have to do because I have no other option.