Confusion

Aaaaaaaaaa    

No matter what I do I (f) can’t seem to figure out if I like guys or not. I know I like girls but I just don’t know how I feel about guys. For some reason I don’t want to like guys, I’m not sure why, I haven’t had any experiences bad enough for that to happen and I know there are good guys out there. I think some guys are pretty and I can see when a guy has a nice body but my feeling towards men are way less intense than my feelings towards women. I also relate a lot to lesbian stories/media. I’m just scared to call myself lesbian and then turn out bi. It also doesn’t help that I don’t have an experiences with anyone. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Aaaaaaaaaa said:

No matter what I do I (f) can’t seem to figure out if I like guys or not. I know I like girls but I just don’t know how I feel about guys. For some reason I don’t want to like guys, I’m not sure why, I haven’t had any experiences bad enough for that to happen and I know there are good guys out there. I think some guys are pretty and I can see when a guy has a nice body but my feeling towards men are way less intense than my feelings towards women. I also relate a lot to lesbian stories/media. I’m just scared to call myself lesbian and then turn out bi. It also doesn’t help that I don’t have an experiences with anyone. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi there, I noticed that you are new here so I wanted to start off by saying a big welcome to the community!! It's lovely to have you here and there are lots of others here who can really relate to what you are experiencing right now. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us.

It sounds like you’re exploring your sexuality and that’s really important. Exploring our sexuality and getting to know ourself better can be really exciting but it often takes time. I would suggest that you don’t put any pressure on yourself to have an answer straight away. Also, sexuality can be fluid and can sometimes change over time. My suggestion would be to trust your feelings and allow that to lead. How does that sound?

Also, have you spoken to anyone else about the thoughts and feelings you've been having? Sometimes it can help if we talk things through with someone we trust. I find that things often feel clearer in my mind after I have spoken to someone else about it. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

illumi was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

just a lil heads up. u dont have to pick a label so soon; simply iding as questioning queer or unlabeled is cool. a more specific label can be bicurious since its used by many folks who r questioning bisexuality. sapphic is also another label u can use to highlight ur attraction toward women while ur exact sexuality isnt specified. sapphic encompasses all wlw sexuality; whether its lesbian bi pan etc. so if u want to settle on a label while ure questioning; read abt these

cant help w the attraction part since im anattractional so gl

• Yaaas 1