This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

My friend is being mentally abused

Hawthorne11    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Her mom got off her meds and is going crazy. She kicked my friend's older sister out of the house for defending my friend and all she did was forget to check in when she was at the park, and her mom went crazy, said no cross country practice, no electronics, and was screaming at her. My friend said she’d never seen her that mad in her life. She left and went to her sister's room, crying, and her sister went out and basically told her mom that it was unreasonable and to cool off, then went back to my friend. Her mom came in and was screaming at her sister, swearing and stuff, and long story short, her sister got kicked out. “You don’t fucking tell me how to fucking parent my child!” That’s what her mom said. Her mom got mentally abused as a kid and actually told them that she tried to break the abusive cycle but it was too hard. They all know it. My friend just does not want to tell herself that it’s actually happening. I don’t know what to do. My friend said she was leaving too if her sister actually has to leave(their mom is waiting until their dad gets back). She said the two weeks her sister was in Oregon were horrible. I don’t want her to have to go into foster care or something but she doesn’t want to be home and her mom might end up actually hurting her. I wish we were in school so I could see her every day and know that she was okay ish but I don't know what to do. I know I should tell someone, but I don't know who.

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.
10 hours ago, Hawthorne11 said:

Her mom got off her meds and is going crazy. She kicked my friend's older sister out of the house for defending my friend and all she did was forget to check in when she was at the park, and her mom went crazy, said no cross country practice, no electronics, and was screaming at her. My friend said she’d never seen her that mad in her life. She left and went to her sister's room, crying, and her sister went out and basically told her mom that it was unreasonable and to cool off, then went back to my friend. Her mom came in and was screaming at her sister, swearing and stuff, and long story short, her sister got kicked out. “You don’t fucking tell me how to fucking parent my child!” That’s what her mom said. Her mom got mentally abused as a kid and actually told them that she tried to break the abusive cycle but it was too hard. They all know it. My friend just does not want to tell herself that it’s actually happening. I don’t know what to do. My friend said she was leaving too if her sister actually has to leave(their mom is waiting until their dad gets back). She said the two weeks her sister was in Oregon were horrible. I don’t want her to have to go into foster care or something but she doesn’t want to be home and her mom might end up actually hurting her. I wish we were in school so I could see her every day and know that she was okay ish but I don't know what to do. I know I should tell someone, but I don't know who.

Heyy @Hawthorne11, Thank you for sharing, I have responded to you on Confidential Support with details of what to do next. 

Staff-Account.png