This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Introducing myself!

sexuallyconfusedchicken    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hello, everyone!

My name is Veah, you can also call me Vee.

I'm 13 years old, I don't really seem 13 years old though because I tend to use big words and speak in a sophisticated manner, or so my english teacher says, but I do blabber a lot so that probably cancels it out.

I was born, raised and still live in Australia.

My pronouns are they/them at this point, but I'm still exploring my gender identity, so they're constantly changing, which can be confusing. I'll never be offended by any pronouns though, and I completely understand if people find them confusing. I do really appreciate it when people address me with my correct pronouns though, and I'm sure this community will be supportive of that given that it's designed to be a safe space.

I'm a really big fan of the alternative genre and all of the different styles that fall under that term, I love the fashion, music and art. I'm really interested in all forms of art and literature, I love to read, write, draw, paint and whatever other verb you can fit into those categories. I also love video games and board games, and learning new languages. I really love Italian food and I have a strange idolisation of any and all kind/funny old men/father figures (other than my actual father) in my life and when I grow up I wish to be a seventy year old pink-haired man living in a shack with a pig named Fernando and a part-time job as a drag queen in a drag club that my friends and I plan to build with our life savings, all of this taking place in the middle of the woods. That's my life goal, and unrealistic as it is, it's my only reason for playing out my painful life. Before that, I want to get a wife and two Yorkshire Terriors (which, if you didn't know, is a dog breed).

I have 7 pets: 2 Cats, 2 guinea pigs, a dog, a turtle and an axolotl.

I joined this community because I found an article on coming out when you have homophobic parents from this website, and then I joined the community. I wanted to join because I don't currently have an outlet or a person to talk to or vent to comfortably--I mean I technically could talk to my school teachers or my friends or a trusted adult or something, but I really don't want to burden anyone, and I don't want anyone to find out about my problems, call me crazy and send me to a mental institution--although I could probably benefit from a visit--and then never looking at me the same again, because that's the kind of thing my parents would do. Anyway, I joined because I want to find a community, find help, and find advice on my eating disorder, self harm, internalised homophobia, transphobia and guilt, coming out and suicidal-ness. (I didn't really know how to phrase that).

Thanks to anyone who stuck around to read that massive slab of text. As you can tell, I'm a big over sharer, but I have nothing to do because it's the school holidays and I'm an insomniac. Yay. Sorry for like dumping all of this information on you. 🤡 Enjoy your day/night/sleep.

19 hours ago, sexuallyconfusedchicken said:

Hello, everyone!

My name is Veah, you can also call me Vee.

I'm 13 years old, I don't really seem 13 years old though because I tend to use big words and speak in a sophisticated manner, or so my english teacher says, but I do blabber a lot so that probably cancels it out.

I was born, raised and still live in Australia.

My pronouns are they/them at this point, but I'm still exploring my gender identity, so they're constantly changing, which can be confusing. I'll never be offended by any pronouns though, and I completely understand if people find them confusing. I do really appreciate it when people address me with my correct pronouns though, and I'm sure this community will be supportive of that given that it's designed to be a safe space.

I'm a really big fan of the alternative genre and all of the different styles that fall under that term, I love the fashion, music and art. I'm really interested in all forms of art and literature, I love to read, write, draw, paint and whatever other verb you can fit into those categories. I also love video games and board games, and learning new languages. I really love Italian food and I have a strange idolisation of any and all kind/funny old men/father figures (other than my actual father) in my life and when I grow up I wish to be a seventy year old pink-haired man living in a shack with a pig named Fernando and a part-time job as a drag queen in a drag club that my friends and I plan to build with our life savings, all of this taking place in the middle of the woods. That's my life goal, and unrealistic as it is, it's my only reason for playing out my painful life. Before that, I want to get a wife and two Yorkshire Terriors (which, if you didn't know, is a dog breed).

I have 7 pets: 2 Cats, 2 guinea pigs, a dog, a turtle and an axolotl.

I joined this community because I found an article on coming out when you have homophobic parents from this website, and then I joined the community. I wanted to join because I don't currently have an outlet or a person to talk to or vent to comfortably--I mean I technically could talk to my school teachers or my friends or a trusted adult or something, but I really don't want to burden anyone, and I don't want anyone to find out about my problems, call me crazy and send me to a mental institution--although I could probably benefit from a visit--and then never looking at me the same again, because that's the kind of thing my parents would do. Anyway, I joined because I want to find a community, find help, and find advice on my eating disorder, self harm, internalised homophobia, transphobia and guilt, coming out and suicidal-ness. (I didn't really know how to phrase that).

Thanks to anyone who stuck around to read that massive slab of text. As you can tell, I'm a big over sharer, but I have nothing to do because it's the school holidays and I'm an insomniac. Yay. Sorry for like dumping all of this information on you. 🤡 Enjoy your day/night/sleep.

Hey Vee,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. 

It was lovely to hear about all of your interests, so thank you for sharing them with us. It sounds like you are a very creative person and I imagine you get a lot of enjoyment from that; is that fair to say? I also get the impression that you are a caring person given that you have so many pets and want more :)

I can see that you want help in a number of areas and we are here to talk absolutely anything through. I can see what you said about the eating disorder and self harm, and it might be that it's a good idea to speak with a doctor about these if you haven't already; what do you think? Also, I just want to thank you for being willing to share the challenges you're experiencing right now. I see that you mentioned suicidal-ness and I want to check if you are safe right now? If you aren't,  it's okay to share that, and we are here for you. Our main priority is your safety and we care about you. Although it might not seem like it now, remember, there is light at the end of every tunnel, and you can get through this. Just incase you need it, here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

• A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org - you can find the one for your country and call them if you are in crisis 
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful
  • Remember, you can always call the emergency services or go to your local emergency department at the hospital for support
  • Take care and speak soon. 
  •  

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually doing a lot better now, I have friends with similar struggles that I wasn't able to contact for a long time, but I'm seeing them at school now I have someone to relate to, I also recently found an adult that I can confide in. Still struggling with my eating disorder but I haven't self harmed in a week or so, and I've been feeling a lot better. This community is a great safe haven for me, and I appreciate the help and kind words! :)

Edited by sexuallyconfusedchicken

9 hours ago, sexuallyconfusedchicken said:

I'm actually doing a lot better now, I have friends with similar struggles that I wasn't able to contact for a long time, but I'm seeing them at school now I have someone to relate to, I also recently found an adult that I can confide in. Still struggling with my eating disorder but I haven't self harmed in a week or so, and I've been feeling a lot better. This community is a great safe haven for me, and I appreciate the help and kind words! :)

Hey there,

It's good to hear from you again and I'm glad to learn that you are doing a lot better now :)

I'm wondering, if you feel up to it, would you mind sharing some advice for other people who are going through something similar to you? What have you found to be the most helpful?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e