I'm I wrong

animallover    

I'm going through somethings in my life and I was trying to talk with a friend the other day and They told me to either to put up or shut up about it the situation I'm going though is very stressful and not that easy to get out of .was my friends or wrong 

Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

Kels was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 10 points.

Hi @animallover I just wanted to let you know that your pain a what your feeling is always valid a you deserve to be heard. Your friend you were talking might had already a lot of stuff on the plate that day or night bine busy an might not bine able to give you the full attention you deserve. 
but you are welcome to discuss what is going on with others an especially here! 
so in one way you or your friend isn’t wrong. 
I hope what you are going through is getting better an feel sure to share more about it on here. The only other thing is I can think of is sometimes are friends want us to take action rather then just talking an talking but doing no action to change so then they may something like that. But it really depends on the situation. looking forward to hearing back. 

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, animallover said:

I'm going through somethings in my life and I was trying to talk with a friend the other day and They told me to either to put up or shut up about it the situation I'm going though is very stressful and not that easy to get out of .was my friends or wrong 

Hi @animallover, I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through a challenging time and that your friend's response was dismissive. It can be incredibly disheartening when you're seeking support and understanding, only to be met with a lack of empathy. Your feelings and experiences are valid, and it's important to have people in your life who are willing to listen and support you during difficult times. It's understandable that you're feeling stressed and finding it difficult to navigate your situation. Friends should be supportive and understanding, providing a safe space for you to express your feelings and concerns.

If you feel comfortable, it might be worth having an open and honest conversation with your friend about how their response made you feel. Sometimes, people may not fully grasp the depth of your situation or may not know how to respond appropriately. Communicating your needs and expressing how their response affected you may lead to a better understanding and improved communication between you. How does this sound to you?

Staff-Account.png

it make me feel very alone and all of his family are on he's side all I have ever tried to do is help him and anyone but I if he heard me sat that I've tried he would say don't try do it 😭

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, animallover said:

it make me feel very alone and all of his family are on he's side all I have ever tried to do is help him and anyone but I if he heard me sat that I've tried he would say don't try do it 😭

Hi @animallover,

It sounds like you are going through something really tough and you seem to be in the middle of it all, trying to be a good friend yet also needing a good friend to support you in this. These things can get complicated, and I would say the friend you spoke to might not have been in a good mindspace to give you support. Have you spoken since? Have you told them how it made you feel to hear this? Of course you are trying. Just the fact that you are here looking for advice means that you are trying.

Please know that you are not alone. We are here for you if you ever want to talk. We are available here on this forum, but also on Confidential Support, if you would prefer to discuss what's happened with support mentors only. Confidential Support is at the top centre of this page.

How are you feeling now? 

Staff-Account.png