Good news!!

Bisexual Soprano ย  ย 

I went to my allergist yesterday to do a food challenge for my egg allergy.ย  I passed!ย  I am no longer allergic to eggs!ย  Super excitedย 

• Digital Mentor

That's amazing!! I'm really happy for you. My brother has food allergies so I know how difficult it can be. Especially as so many products have or may contain eggs. Hopefully you can eat loads of things now, without having to worry!! Do you have any other food allergies?ย 

Staff-Account.png

13 hours ago, Aurora said:

That's amazing!! I'm really happy for you. My brother has food allergies so I know how difficult it can be. Especially as so many products have or may contain eggs. Hopefully you can eat loads of things now, without having to worry!! Do you have any other food allergies?ย 

Thank you!ย  I haven't started trying anything new yet but I bought some Eggo waffles at the store so I'm excited to try those :)

I'm also allergic to peanuts and that's not changing anytime soon :/ but peanuts are easier to deal with so it isn't all bad.

• Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

Thank you!ย  I haven't started trying anything new yet but I bought some Eggo waffles at the store so I'm excited to try those :)

I'm also allergic to peanuts and that's not changing anytime soon :/ but peanuts are easier to deal with so it isn't all bad.

Yay!! Good choice - they are going to be so yum!! I hope they're even better than you think - you've waited long enough :)

Yes, for sure! My brother is also allergic to peanuts. The most annoying thing for him is that there are quite a few products that have a "may contain peanuts" warning. How severe is your allergy if you don't mind me asking? Can you eat anything that may contain traces of them?ย 

Staff-Account.png

10 hours ago, Aurora said:

Yay!! Good choice - they are going to be so yum!! I hope they're even better than you think - you've waited long enough :)

Yes, for sure! My brother is also allergic to peanuts. The most annoying thing for him is that there are quite a few products that have a "may contain peanuts" warning. How severe is your allergy if you don't mind me asking? Can you eat anything that may contain traces of them?ย 

The waffles were very good!

I can eat things that have a "may contain peanuts" warning but no actual peanut products yet.ย  My allergy is anaphylactic :/

• Digital Mentor
On 6/16/2023 at 7:16 PM, Bisexual Soprano said:

The waffles were very good!

I can eat things that have a "may contain peanuts" warning but no actual peanut products yet.ย  My allergy is anaphylactic :/

I can imagine!! What's next on your list of things to tryย ๐Ÿณย ๐Ÿ˜€?ย 

That's good that you can eat things that have a "may contain peanuts" warning. That gives you a lot more choice, doesn't it? Sorry to hear though that your allergy is anaphylactic. It's tough when you have to worry about that. How has it been for you, managing that, if you don't mind me asking?ย 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

I can imagine!! What's next on your list of things to tryย ๐Ÿณย ๐Ÿ˜€?ย 

That's good that you can eat things that have a "may contain peanuts" warning. That gives you a lot more choice, doesn't it? Sorry to hear though that your allergy is anaphylactic. It's tough when you have to worry about that. How has it been for you, managing that, if you don't mind me asking?ย 

Next thing I want to try is ice cream with eggs in it.ย  I've never had creamy ice cream because it always has eggs in it.ย  I also want to try ranch with eggs.

ย 

It really isn't that difficult to manage peanuts.ย  I can be around peanut products and peanuts without getting sick, which certainly makes it easier.ย  I just can't eat or touch them.ย  I've become very practiced at reading ingredient labels :)ย  The warning thing does give me some more choice, I can eat M&Ms :D

Edited by Bisexual Soprano

• Digital Mentor

hi @Bisexual Soprano!

Oh my god, I am so eggcited for you to finally be rid of your egg allergy!! Forgive the bad pun.

That's worth celebrating! Did you survive the waffles without a single reaction? If so that's absolutely fantastic! It must be such a relief for you!

What ice cream are you planning on having?

I am sucker for anything with nuts, but I am allergic like yourself. Not anaphylactic or anything, but I do become very uncomfortable.

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Duckie said:

hi @Bisexual Soprano!

Oh my god, I am so eggcited for you to finally be rid of your egg allergy!! Forgive the bad pun.

That's worth celebrating! Did you survive the waffles without a single reaction? If so that's absolutely fantastic! It must be such a relief for you!

What ice cream are you planning on having?

I am sucker for anything with nuts, but I am allergic like yourself. Not anaphylactic or anything, but I do become very uncomfortable.

I've heard that pun plenty of times now ๐Ÿ˜‚

I had no reaction to the waffles at all!ย  They were delicious.ย  It felt so good to eat something that had previously been barred to me.

I don't know what ice cream I want - just any kind that has eggs.ย  Maybe I'll have some homemade.

What kind of symptoms do you have when you eat nuts?ย  And what kind of nuts give you those symptoms?

• Digital Mentor

That's absolutely fabulous! So happy to hear that all went well and that there were no symptoms!

Any favourite ice cream flavour? It's quite easy to make it yourself if you are up for it. I made my own mango ice cream last week and it is addictive! Happy to give you the recipe.

It ranges from getting an itchy cough and shortness of breath to feeling dizziness and headaches. I had a new shampoo last week that somehow had hazelnuts in it! Treenuts are the worst (especially hazelnut and coconut) so that made my nose blocked all day! The worst is when there's a cross-allergen situation going on - such as combining my treenut allergy with my pollen allergy. Had some kind of nut bar and felt powerless for the next three days. No epipen needed, but I was still very uncomfortable.

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Duckie said:

That's absolutely fabulous! So happy to hear that all went well and that there were no symptoms!

Any favourite ice cream flavour? It's quite easy to make it yourself if you are up for it. I made my own mango ice cream last week and it is addictive! Happy to give you the recipe.

It ranges from getting an itchy cough and shortness of breath to feeling dizziness and headaches. I had a new shampoo last week that somehow had hazelnuts in it! Treenuts are the worst (especially hazelnut and coconut) so that made my nose blocked all day! The worst is when there's a cross-allergen situation going on - such as combining my treenut allergy with my pollen allergy. Had some kind of nut bar and felt powerless for the next three days. No epipen needed, but I was still very uncomfortable.

Thank you!

My favorite flavor is mint chocolate chip.ย  I have a couple of ice cream recipes that I've never tried to make because they contain egg.ย  But I would love a recipe for mango ice cream- it sounds very good :)

Eating foods that you know cause those symptoms is probably not a good idea.ย  Allergic reactions can vary in severity and just because it isn't anaphylactic one time doesn't mean it won't be the next time (unless your allergist has cleared you to eat the food).ย  You should probably get tested for a nut allergy if you haven't already- I'm no allergist but any allergist would probably agree with me.

• Digital Mentor

Hi,

That sounds heavenly! Really excited for you to be able to eat ice cream this summer! I made mango ice cream using 3 ripe mangos, 1 egg, 2 egg yolks, 2ยฝ dl icing sugar, 1 teaspoon madagascan vanilla extract and 3 dl double cream. Whip the cream until heavy peaks and add all the rest (mango pieces in the blender first). Put in the freezer and 6 hours later you'll have ice cream that will make you not want to leave the house again! So easy to change 3 mangos for a litre of strawberries for example.

Yeah, you're right. I try my best to avoid anything with tree nuts in it, but sometimes I just find myself having already used/consumed it. I think I haven't been taking it seriously at all times, because I am not able to completely say which ones will make me react and at what quantities. But I will take it more seriously :)

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Hi,

That sounds heavenly! Really excited for you to be able to eat ice cream this summer! I made mango ice cream using 3 ripe mangos, 1 egg, 2 egg yolks, 2ยฝ dl icing sugar, 1 teaspoon madagascan vanilla extract and 3 dl double cream. Whip the cream until heavy peaks and add all the rest (mango pieces in the blender first). Put in the freezer and 6 hours later you'll have ice cream that will make you not want to leave the house again! So easy to change 3 mangos for a litre of strawberries for example.

Yeah, you're right. I try my best to avoid anything with tree nuts in it, but sometimes I just find myself having already used/consumed it. I think I haven't been taking it seriously at all times, because I am not able to completely say which ones will make me react and at what quantities. But I will take it more seriously :)

Thank you for the recipe!

I understand that sometimes you can't avoid the allergen, but it very much can save your life.ย  I've had a couple of incidents (mostly when I was little and my allergy was worse) where I had a reaction because labels were incorrectly read.ย  You can go to an allergist office to get tested for allergies.ย  That way, you can find out what you are specifically allergic to and how severe the allergy is.ย  Not all tree nuts are created equal - I actually used to be allergic to them, but coconut was just fine.ย  Just try to be careful.

• Digital Mentor
18 minutes ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

Thank you for the recipe!

I understand that sometimes you can't avoid the allergen, but it very much can save your life.ย  I've had a couple of incidents (mostly when I was little and my allergy was worse) where I had a reaction because labels were incorrectly read.ย  You can go to an allergist office to get tested for allergies.ย  That way, you can find out what you are specifically allergic to and how severe the allergy is.ย  Not all tree nuts are created equal - I actually used to be allergic to them, but coconut was just fine.ย  Just try to be careful.

Thank you. That's really good advice :)

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

Thank you. That's really good advice :)

No problem!ย  I'm no allergist of course, but I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about :)

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

No problem!ย  I'm no allergist of course, but I'd like to think I know what I'm talking about :)

For sure! Growing up with food allergies definitely makes you an expert in my mind!!ย 

Staff-Account.png

56 minutes ago, Aurora said:

For sure! Growing up with food allergies definitely makes you an expert in my mind!!ย 

Mine too ;)ย  I hope your allergy gets better - it's probably not terrible to deal with but tree nuts can be a surprisingly common ingredient.ย  Things like eggs, milk, and wheat are understandable but the frequency of nuts and nut allergies mystifies me.

I originally addressed this to the wrong person ๐Ÿคฃ I need to get some sleep.

Edited by Bisexual Soprano

• Digital Mentor
On 6/20/2023 at 10:49 AM, Bisexual Soprano said:

Mine too ;)ย  I hope your allergy gets better - it's probably not terrible to deal with but tree nuts can be a surprisingly common ingredient.ย  Things like eggs, milk, and wheat are understandable but the frequency of nuts and nut allergies mystifies me.

I originally addressed this to the wrong person ๐Ÿคฃ I need to get some sleep.

Haha, no worriesย ๐Ÿ˜€

Staff-Account.png