Scared

Keira6!    

Can someone give me some advice,I’m having problems falling asleep and I feel like I’m being watched 

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Keira6! said:

Can someone give me some advice,I’m having problems falling asleep and I feel like I’m being watched 

Hi there, thank you for opening up about what's been going on for you. I can imagine it must be scary for you if you feel like you are being watched. Can you tell me a little bit more about what's been going on for you? How long has this been going on for and has anything triggered this? Also, do you normally feel asleep no problem or is this something you've struggled with before? I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions. It's just so I can understand a bit better what's been going on for you but please don't feel you have to answer all of my questions if you don't feel comfortable to. 

Also, please let me know if you would prefer to talk about this confidentially and we can continue this conversation in confidential support. We're here for you. 

Staff-Account.png

Every night when I try to fall asleep I can’t and after I turn off the light I start to feel like I’m being watched. Its been going on for over a week now, I honestly don’t know why it’s happening, I usually have no problem falling asleep 

Edited by Keira6!

• Digital Mentor
On 6/13/2023 at 5:28 PM, Keira6! said:

Every night when I try to fall asleep I can’t and after I turn off the light I start to feel like I’m being watched. Its been going on for over a week now, I honestly don’t know why it’s happening, I usually have no problem falling asleep 

Do you mind me asking if there is anything else going on in your life right now? Sometimes stress can have an impact on our sleeping.

Also, I'm wondering, do you use a night light so it's not completely dark in the room? If not, maybe you could try that to see if it makes a difference. Our mind can play tricks on us in the dark because we use our senses differently when it's dark. That's why we sometimes think that we see or hear something in the dark, that's not really there. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

Well I do have camp in a few weeks and I don’t think I’ll be able to go because my friend has the info for it. 

I don’t use a night light, I use on at my grandparents house because my little sister has to sleep with me.

• Digital Mentor
18 hours ago, Keira6! said:

Well I do have camp in a few weeks and I don’t think I’ll be able to go because my friend has the info for it. 

I don’t use a night light, I use on at my grandparents house because my little sister has to sleep with me.

I'm sorry to hear you might not be able to go. Were you looking forward to it? Also, can you not get the info from your friend? 

That's good to know, that you already use one at your grandparents house. How do you sleep with it on - does the light bother you? If not, do you want to give it a try at home and see if it makes a difference? 

Staff-Account.png

I was looking forward to going, but with my seizures I can’t be left alone for too long. I can but she has to give it to my parents so that they can fill out the registration form to confirm that it is ok for me to go. 

My little sister needs it, Yes the light tends to bother me

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry to hear you might not be able to go. Were you looking forward to it? Also, can you not get the info from your friend? 

That's good to know, that you already use one at your grandparents house. How do you sleep with it on - does the light bother you? If not, do you want to give it a try at home and see if it makes a difference? 

• Digital Mentor
On 6/16/2023 at 4:06 PM, Keira6! said:

I was looking forward to going, but with my seizures I can’t be left alone for too long. I can but she has to give it to my parents so that they can fill out the registration form to confirm that it is ok for me to go. 

My little sister needs it, Yes the light tends to bother me

Hi there, I'm not sure I completely understand your situation. Do you mind explaining to me about the summer camp again? Am I right in thinking that you would like to go to summer camp but your friend has the registration form, which your parents need to sign. Is that right? Do your parents know that you would like to go and are they happy for you to go? If so, can they get the registration form from somewhere else eg online? And is this something that has been on your mind recently/ that you've found stressful?

No problem if having the light on bothers you. Do you think it might help if you left your door open just a little bit, so some light can come in like that? Or would that also not work? 

Also, can I ask how your sleeping has been the last few days. Have you noticed any difference or is it still the same and do you still feel like someone if watching you? 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, I'm not sure I completely understand your situation. Do you mind explaining to me about the summer camp again? Am I right in thinking that you would like to go to summer camp but your friend has the registration form, which your parents need to sign. Is that right? Do your parents know that you would like to go and are they happy for you to go? If so, can they get the registration form from somewhere else eg online? And is this something that has been on your mind recently/ that you've found stressful?

No problem if having the light on bothers you. Do you think it might help if you left your door open just a little bit, so some light can come in like that? Or would that also not work? 

Also, can I ask how your sleeping has been the last few days. Have you noticed any difference or is it still the same and do you still feel like someone if watching you? 

No I have the form but the she has the information for week long camp, the form only gave the information for the weekend camp. Yes they said I could go but that I have to be careful so that I don’t have any seizures.Yes 

I think that could work.

The same. I still have the feeling as if someone is watching me.

• Digital Mentor
5 hours ago, Keira6! said:

No I have the form but the she has the information for week long camp, the form only gave the information for the weekend camp. Yes they said I could go but that I have to be careful so that I don’t have any seizures.Yes 

I think that could work.

The same. I still have the feeling as if someone is watching me.

Hi @Keira6!

My name is Duckie and I'm one of the support mentors.

Would you feel comfortable walking me through what happens to you from the moment when you get ready to crawl into bed to the moment where you suddenly feel like you are being watched? You said you don't know where this has come from but I'm curious to know when this started and whether you are still able to fall asleep at some point despite of it. How are you sleeping at the moment?

//Duckie

Staff-Account.png

So when I’m going to bed after i turn off the light I start to get a weird feeling like I’m being watched. It started over a week ago. I’m able to fall asleep after awhile but it usually takes about an hour or two, I’m having problems sleeping even when I didn’t feel like i was being watched 

Edited by Keira6!

• Digital Mentor
Just now, Keira6! said:

So when I’m going to bed after i turn off the light I start to get a weird feeling like I’m being watched. It started over a week ago. I’m able to fall asleep after awhile but it usually takes about an hour or two, I’m having problems sleeping even when I didn’t feel like i was being watched 

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing this. It sounds like this is causing you a lot of stress. Do you have an idea in your mind of where someone would be watching you from? Is there a specific corner or spot in your room that you feel someone could be watching you from? If so, would it help to get this place covered up or to maybe move your furniture around to feel more grounded? How does this sound?

Do you have something to keep near you in bed to help keep you safe? Even if it's an old teddy or just a picture of someone you care about near your bed, it might help you feel safer. I am curious as to how this began... You say you don't know and I understand that. It still sounds quite intense though. Have you told anyone else about this? If not for support, they might have an answer to what might have triggered this. What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

9 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Hi, 

Thank you for sharing this. It sounds like this is causing you a lot of stress. Do you have an idea in your mind of where someone would be watching you from? Is there a specific corner or spot in your room that you feel someone could be watching you from? If so, would it help to get this place covered up or to maybe move your furniture around to feel more grounded? How does this sound?

Do you have something to keep near you in bed to help keep you safe? Even if it's an old teddy or just a picture of someone you care about near your bed, it might help you feel safer. I am curious as to how this began... You say you don't know and I understand that. It still sounds quite intense though. Have you told anyone else about this? If not for support, they might have an answer to what might have triggered this. What do you think?

I honestly don’t know 

I do, No I haven’t. I think that could work 

• Digital Mentor
11 hours ago, Keira6! said:

I honestly don’t know 

I do, No I haven’t. I think that could work 

Please keep us updated, if you feel comfortable doing so. Even if this is just something temporary after all, I can tell this has caused you a lot of stress. Do reach out if you need us. 

Staff-Account.png