Hi people!

Scarlet    

Hey Scarlet!

Welcome to Community! There's a lot of people who are working to come out to family and friends. Here's an article that might be helpful:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/13-tips-coming-out-bisexual/

Do you think you'd have people who can be part of your support system?

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi, thank you for responding! First, I lied about my age, I don’t know why but I just did. I’m 15 years old and the rest is true. Answering your question, I think my mom would be ok with it but I’m not that close with her, and my dad, I don’t realy know if he will accept me. In the other side, I have already told a friend that is super supportive. But I also told my ex-best fiend who then went spreading rumors about how I was a “lesbian�. I really don’t know what to do cause know I’m scared of coming out to someone and having them hurt me again

Edited by Scarlet

Hi Scarlet!

Thank you for updating us about your age-- it helps us relate better to what you're going through. I'm glad you felt safe enough to let us know!

Dang.. I'm sorry your ex- best friend broke your trust. Why do you think she did that?

But I'm SO glad you have a supportive friend, now!

Know, that no matter how anyone else might react to you coming out, you are loved and have support. Right now it's your friend.. but you have a whole Community of people online who support you... and you'll find more and more people in your real life who can be that physical reminder!

The more people you tell will make it easier to come out to others.. so maybe, even though you're not closest with your mom, she might be good practice. She might have a neutral response--- but it's still building your confidence! How about any teachers you might trust?

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.