Getting closer with friends

Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once ย  ย 

Got a dilemma here: I have a lot of friends, but there is a group of three that I really want to become closer with because they are a great group and two of them are gay (I just came out and I want to find some people to talk to in person at school.) The thing is, they seem really close and I don't want to be intrusive, but they seem pretty open and inclusive, too. How can I get closer to them? Spend more time with them, invite them to do stuff with me? I feel like it might be too late to become a part of their friend group because they are already so close. Does anyone else feel like it's sort of hard to become closer with friends if you know a lot of people with varying interests who are from different friend groups (i.e introverted people like me who like people to come to them first)?

12 minutes ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Got a dilemma here: I have a lot of friends, but there is a group of three that I really want to become closer with because they are a great group and two of them are gay (I just came out and I want to find some people to talk to in person at school.) The thing is, they seem really close and I don't want to be intrusive, but they seem pretty open and inclusive, too. How can I get closer to them? Spend more time with them, invite them to do stuff with me? I feel like it might be too late to become a part of their friend group because they are already so close. Does anyone else feel like it's sort of hard to become closer with friends if you know a lot of people with varying interests who are from different friend groups (i.e introverted people like me who like people to come to them first)?

Hellooo, I'm in a friend group of 5-6 people atm in which 4 of em were really close already (Sorta like ur situation) so yes, I agree its difficult to become closer to other groups when they already are so close & have known each other much longer than you have. Though I met them in June of last year, u could try becoming friends with 1 of them, then if that works out you'd start (Probably) seeing the other 2 more often then over time become close with all 3.ย 

1 question though: Are they socially outgoing people who wouldn't mind an extra person such as yourself in activities or do they seem like they're also introverts who would much rather stick to the 3 person group they already have? Though even if they're introverts also, u guys would have stuff in common most likely which increases the chance of friendship.ย 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply :) Iโ€™ll try out your suggestion.

ย 

To answer your question, they are a mix of both extroverts and introverts, and they seem pretty accepting. But I do understand a close group of three, which is nice because of the close connection and sometimes itโ€™s hard to extend that closeness.

Also, five to six is a lot in your group!

On 6/4/2023 at 8:51 AM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Thanks for the reply :) Iโ€™ll try out your suggestion.

To answer your question, they are a mix of both extroverts and introverts, and they seem pretty accepting. But I do understand a close group of three, which is nice because of the close connection and sometimes itโ€™s hard to extend that closeness.

Also, five to six is a lot in your group!

No problem! ^^ย 

Ooo, well thats good they seem accepting. Agreed with the close connection as well, the trust they most likely have with each other is mostly because of their close connection & bond. Though it'd take some time to bond with them, it seems it'd be easier than usual because of their extroverty personalities.ย 

& mhm, there were already like 6-8 people in their group before I had even met them, stuff happens in friend groups all the time so it was normal to lose 2 of the group members. It took a couple months to get to know the 5-6 other people, but it worked out surprisingly

3 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

No problem! ^^ย 

Ooo, well thats good they seem accepting. Agreed with the close connection as well, the trust they most likely have with each other is mostly because of their close connection & bond. Though it'd take some time to bond with them, it seems it'd be easier than usual because of their extroverty personalities.ย 

& mhm, there were already like 6-8 people in their group before I had even met them, stuff happens in friend groups all the time so it was normal to lose 2 of the group members. It took a couple months to get to know the 5-6 other people, but it worked out surprisingly

That's good that it worked out between you all!ย Making friends seems harder now than it used to be lol. It's not as easy as it once was in kindergarten!ย ๐Ÿ˜

1 hour ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

That's good that it worked out between you all!ย Making friends seems harder now than it used to be lol. It's not as easy as it once was in kindergarten!ย ๐Ÿ˜

Frr I wish it was as easy making friends as it was in elementary lmaoย