pressured into sending nudes... someone i don't know has them

lu! ย  ย 

this guy added me on snap by search... which i already thought was super weird because i didnt know him. he asked me to send right from the start and i always left it very noncommital or left him on opened. he did pressure constantly ALL THE TIME even in the morning for me to send. like, multiple (5 or 6) times a day.) i only interacted with him for maybe three days. then he brought up other minors (kids from my school)'s nudes that he (presumably, he might have been lying) had. i didn't want to send anything to him but he kept asking and asking and asking and from one picture he snapped me i thought he looked hot, so i did it. but i forgot to change it so you can't save or remix (be able to send to someone else) and before i could delete them, he had screen recorded 4 times. most of them were just suggestive but i think there were two that showed my chest. i felt super super gross and weird about it and it made me really uncomfortable. i asked him to send proof he deleted it (obviously he didnt) and he deleted his account and started a new one, so i reported his new one and asked all my friends to report. i just feel gross about doing it and it made me really freaked out because i was thinking about if people from school saw them.ย 

• Digital Mentor
6 hours ago, lu! said:

this guy added me on snap by search... which i already thought was super weird because i didnt know him. he asked me to send right from the start and i always left it very noncommital or left him on opened. he did pressure constantly ALL THE TIME even in the morning for me to send. like, multiple (5 or 6) times a day.) i only interacted with him for maybe three days. then he brought up other minors (kids from my school)'s nudes that he (presumably, he might have been lying) had. i didn't want to send anything to him but he kept asking and asking and asking and from one picture he snapped me i thought he looked hot, so i did it. but i forgot to change it so you can't save or remix (be able to send to someone else) and before i could delete them, he had screen recorded 4 times. most of them were just suggestive but i think there were two that showed my chest. i felt super super gross and weird about it and it made me really uncomfortable. i asked him to send proof he deleted it (obviously he didnt) and he deleted his account and started a new one, so i reported his new one and asked all my friends to report. i just feel gross about doing it and it made me really freaked out because i was thinking about if people from school saw them.ย 

Hi @lu!, I can see that you are new here so I wanted to start of by welcoming you to Ditch the Label. It's great to have you here and I am really glad you have found us. There are lots of others here who have been through a similar situation to you and we can support you through this. I am Aurora and I am one of the digital mentors here. If you would prefer to talk about this privately (or anything else) then you can send us a confidential message. Just click on the confidential support tap at the top of the page.ย 

First of all I wanted to say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are going through this and I can imagine that it must be really stressful for you. I would also like to reassure you that you did nothing wrong. It sounds like this person pressured you into sending him your photos. And then when you decided to go along with it he broke your trust and that's not OK!! I'm glad to hear that you reported his new account. Have you heard anything back yet? If you need any help in having his account removed then let us know and we can help you with this. Also, do you know how old they are?ย 

You might also find this tool helpfulย https://takeitdown.ncmec.org/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=emailย It's a free service that can remove or help stop the online sharing of nude images or videos

ย 

Also is you haven't done so already you might want to make your all your social media accounts private and block the individual (be sure to also select the option to block any new accounts they might make). You could even ask your friends to block the account as well. If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there too if you like.

ย How are you feeling about everything now? Please know that we are here for youย 

ย 

Staff-Account.png

I haven't heard anything back but i did only report it yesterday. i had some friends report him as well, but i think it would only work if every account he could make is stopped and if someone figures out who he actually is. nothing has been shared to my knowledge yet. he said he went to a school near me but when we looked in that school's yearbook his name wasn't in it. my friend's friend who goes to that school has never heard of him either? so i'm really not sure what to do other than report him and stop him from making accoutns on snapchat at all.ย 

i am feeling a lot better because nothing has been immediately shared to my knowledge, so i think im okay at least for a little bit. im just mad that he could do that and not get caught, and also that i went along with it even though i knew it was really sketchy.

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, lu! said:

I haven't heard anything back but i did only report it yesterday. i had some friends report him as well, but i think it would only work if every account he could make is stopped and if someone figures out who he actually is. nothing has been shared to my knowledge yet. he said he went to a school near me but when we looked in that school's yearbook his name wasn't in it. my friend's friend who goes to that school has never heard of him either? so i'm really not sure what to do other than report him and stop him from making accoutns on snapchat at all.ย 

i am feeling a lot better because nothing has been immediately shared to my knowledge, so i think im okay at least for a little bit. im just mad that he could do that and not get caught, and also that i went along with it even though i knew it was really sketchy.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a lot better. I agree, usually the more time passes, the less likely it is the photos will get shared. You can always use the online tool I was telling you about to make sure none of the photos can be shared.ย 

It's natural to feel angry with yourself but I can reassure you that you have nothing to feel bad about. It sounds like you were pushed into this situation and the other person told you things that weren't true in order to get you to send him your photos. He broke your trust and the way he treated you is unacceptable. You did nothing wrong!! We're here for you and we can support you through this!ย ย 

Staff-Account.png