>>>If You've Already Come Out [Sexuality]... SHARE HERE!>>>

Willow    

Welcome!

We wanted to create this space for people who have stories of coming out to others about their sexuality... we can all learn from each other! So, please, share your stories-- the process of coming out, easy vs. hard parts, "do's and don'ts", advice on what to prepare for, and suggestions of how someone might come out!

** How To Use This Thread**

- If you want to post your own story, hit the "Reply to This Post" Button

- If you'd like to comment/support another person's experience, hit the "Comment" button on the right side of their reply.

- And always remember to be respectful and empathetic toward people's experiences

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hello Willow!

So far I have come out to a lot of my friends but don't have the confidence to tell my parents yet. I think a great way to start is with a friend that you feel comfortable around and do it in a safe place like school or work where you should be protected. Be ready for rejection and shock from other people. It may take a few days for them to swallow the information properly so let them take their time on how they think they feel about it. You may even get some people to become curious about their sexuality and realize that they are a completely different person than they thought! Another good way to start is on a online group and/or get advice from sites like this.

Good luck to anybody who wishes to come out!

~The Rainwing

Hello Willow!

So far I have come out to a lot of my friends but don't have the confidence to tell my parents yet. I think a great way to start is with a friend that you feel comfortable around and do it in a safe place like school or work where you should be protected. Be ready for rejection and shock from other people. It may take a few days for them to swallow the information properly so let them take their time on how they think they feel about it. You may even get some people to become curious about their sexuality and realize that they are a completely different person than they thought! Another good way to start is on a online group and/or get advice from sites like this.

Good luck to anybody who wishes to come out!

~The Rainwing

<3

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm bi and I'm semi out. I first knew I was bi when I was 13 and I was really quick to tell my closest friends because so much suddenly made sense to me in terms of feelings of intimacy and attraction toward both males and females. I also told my parent after a while, at 14, and to my dismay, they took it as a phase, which was pretty much all 14 year old me was scared of. But, over time I've come out to more people I know and trust, I've joined my school's lgbtq+ group, and I've created a great support network for myself. I've also since come out to my parents twice more, with little luck in terms of convincing them that it's not a phase or a trendy fad despite actually having a girlfriend. In the future I'd like to be fully out and proud of myself and it's something I'm working on.