This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

anyone wanna talk about workout or selfcare

alex_the_chill Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

ii have started taking cold showers and getting ready to workout anyone got any tips or just wanna talk

2 hours ago, alex_the_chill said:

ii have started taking cold showers and getting ready to workout anyone got any tips or just wanna talk

ok, but how do you get yourself to take cold showers??? I have been trying to but, like, how???

what i did was slowly turn the temp down but for me that did not work so i just turned it all the way cold then hop and let me tell you cold shower live up to thir name but after like 1 min the cold is not to bad

ok, that makes sense @alex_the_chill, thanks. Do you do anything else workout-wise?

Β i listen to music not like rock but something that relaxes me so when working out i feel calm and relaxed so i dont get a headache because headaches suck when working out

2 minutes ago, alex_the_chill said:

Β i listen to music not like rock but something that relaxes me so when working out i feel calm and relaxed so i dont get a headache because headaches suck when working out

yeah, lol, I have been struggling with headaches lately so maybe I will try music. What do you usually do when you work out? I run and rarely lift, but I'm interested in other people's workouts routines and seeing what they do

i do running cant do lifting due to no equipment but do the basic things push up sit ups planks ect

2 minutes ago, alex_the_chill said:

i do running cant do lifting due to no equipment but do the basic things push up sit ups planks ect

mh. mk. Sorry for so many questions lol

nah your good ima go to bed rn goodnight!

• Digital Mentor

14 hours ago, alex_the_chill said:

Heyy @alex_the_chill,Β That's great to hear that you've started taking cold showers and getting ready to work out! Cold showers can have several health benefits, such as improving circulation, boosting the immune system, and reducing muscle soreness. And working out regularly can help improve your overall physical and mental health. I personally enjoy working out and find it extremely helpful especially with clarity and emotional regulation.Β 

To help you stay on track with your new routine, I think there are some tips you might find helpful (just my experience and some research I've done around it):

• Start slow: If you're new to cold showers and exercise, it's important to start slow and gradually build up your tolerance. Start with shorter cold showers and lighter workouts, then gradually increase the intensity and duration as your body adapts
  • Stay hydrated (SO SO IMP): Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workouts to help keep your body hydrated and avoid dehydration
  • Set realistic goals: Setting realistic goals can help you stay motivated and track your progress. Start with small goals that you can achieve and then gradually increase the difficulty over time
  • Mix it up: Doing the same workout routine and taking the same cold showers every day can become monotonous and may lead to boredom. Mix it up by trying new workouts, exploring different shower temperatures, or adding music to your routine to keep things fresh and exciting, or maybe even getting an accountability buddy online or in person

Remember, the key to success is consistency. Keep up with your new routine, and soon you'll start seeing the benefits of your hard work. Good luck and keep me posted if you'd like!Β 

You Got This GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Β 

Staff-Account.png

14 minutes ago, alex_the_chill said:

nah your fine

how late is it for you right now?

8 minutes ago, alex_the_chill said:

it is 10:28 pm rn

damn. its only like 8:37 here

9 minutes ago, alex_the_chill said:

it is 10:28 pm rn

Pacific time?

4 minutes ago, alex_the_chill said:

no utc

damn, England?

I love how diverse the community is around here though, from different places

yea one thing i hate tho is how people say british people say that calling frys chips is weird yet they serve food the size of my house no offenceΒ 

9 hours ago, alex_the_chill said:

yea one thing i hate tho is how people say british people say that calling frys chips is weird yet they serve food the size of my house no offenceΒ 

lol. non taken, the serving size of food here is outragous

• 2 months later...

Dose any1 have tips for slite spoty skin? i dont have a lot just a few but ye

On 7/18/2023 at 8:15 AM, Megs- said:

Dose any1 have tips for slite spoty skin? i dont have a lot just a few but ye

hm. Emu oil might help? Tea tree and/or a consistent face routine

• Thanks 1

Just now, Persephone44 said:

hm. Emu oil might help? Tea tree and/or a consistent face routine

ty. wil lok in1 tht. ty ❀️

1 minute ago, Megs- said:

ty. wil lok in1 tht. ty ❀️