loss of Family

Persephone44    

So Let me just say I know I havnt lost many family members and I am VERY grateful for this.

But, I lost my great grandma last year and I went to her funeral last mothers day on Saturday afternoon I lost My other great grandma who was suffering from Alzheimer's disease, and while she wanted to go because she was getting really bad I feel like Im having a lot of trouble coping with both losses. Does anyone have any advice? Im feeling real down and I don't want to slip into depression, as I have a history with it. Thanks in advance.

• Hug 3

3 hours ago, Persephone44 said:

So Let me just say I know I havnt lost many family members and I am VERY grateful for this.

But, I lost my great grandma last year and I went to her funeral last mothers day on Saturday afternoon I lost My other great grandma who was suffering from Alzheimer's disease, and while she wanted to go because she was getting really bad I feel like Im having a lot of trouble coping with both losses. Does anyone have any advice? Im feeling real down and I don't want to slip into depression, as I have a history with it. Thanks in advance.

hey there, I am sorry for your loss of loved ones.. i am not experienced with grief tbh, but we are here for you. Sometimes those things that remind us of them can really sting, and it ok, its a process ❤️🫂

The one advise I can give is that human all over the world have come up with beliefs to cope (heaven, dia de los muertos, afterlife, ghosts, guiding spirits, etc) and sometimes it can help

• Like 1

Hi, I'm really glad you commented here about this since grief is something that I think should be shared.  Just like depression, you don't have to suffer alone.  What do you think about talking to any of your other family members about how you're feeling?  How do you also feel about writing out your feelings, memories, and thoughts?

And it's definitely normal to feel grief come in waves and be reminded of it at unexpected times, so when that happens, do know too that it's nothing "wrong" with you and it's always okay to reach out.

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Equivalent Ways said:

hey there, I am sorry for your loss of loved ones.. i am not experienced with grief tbh, but we are here for you. Sometimes those things that remind us of them can really sting, and it ok, its a process ❤️🫂

The one advise I can give is that human all over the world have come up with beliefs to cope (heaven, dia de los muertos, afterlife, ghosts, guiding spirits, etc) and sometimes it can help

yeah, its all just part of life and feel like I need to start to understand this. I believe they were Christian so prolly heaven and I hope they are happy there

• Hug 1

58 minutes ago, Catsup said:

Hi, I'm really glad you commented here about this since grief is something that I think should be shared.  Just like depression, you don't have to suffer alone.  What do you think about talking to any of your other family members about how you're feeling?  How do you also feel about writing out your feelings, memories, and thoughts?

And it's definitely normal to feel grief come in waves and be reminded of it at unexpected times, so when that happens, do know too that it's nothing "wrong" with you and it's always okay to reach out.

I tried talking to my dad but he went that supportive and was grieving on his own. my mom was there for me though. I think writing it could help but when I write things I feel like Im bottling them up. 

Thank you, for the reply and the support.

• Hug 1