This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

what should I do?

Persephone44 Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Lately (well, for a while now I guess), I have been having really low self-esteem about my body weight (I weigh 155 as a 13-year-old girl) and my babyish appearance (I have chubby cheeks) and I have been feeling very upset about this and have been having intrusive thoughts about what to do (all of which is unhealthy) such as no eating at all. I understand that there are healthy alternatives, does anyone have any that I could try out? Thanks.

• Hug 2

On 5/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, Persephone44 said:

Lately (well, for a while now I guess), I have been having really low self-esteem about my body weight (I weigh 155 as a 13-year-old girl) and my babyish appearance (I have chubby cheeks) and I have been feeling very upset about this and have been having intrusive thoughts about what to do (all of which is unhealthy) such as no eating at all. I understand that there are healthy alternatives, does anyone have any that I could try out? Thanks.

Hey, I'm Catsup, one of the support mentors here.Β  It's really great of you to acknowledge that you want to make a change, but you want to do it in a healthy way.Β  At 13, there is a lot of growing you are still doing and it's definitely important to still eat.Β  One thing that might be helpful is paying attention to how you're feeling when you're eating, and listening to your hunger cues.Β  How do you do with eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are full?Β  Some people try eating small, frequent meals/snacks to avoid getting too hungry or too full.Β  What are your thoughts on this?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Catsup said:

Hey, I'm Catsup, one of the support mentors here.Β  It's really great of you to acknowledge that you want to make a change, but you want to do it in a healthy way.Β  At 13, there is a lot of growing you are still doing and it's definitely important to still eat.Β  One thing that might be helpful is paying attention to how you're feeling when you're eating, and listening to your hunger cues.Β  How do you do with eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are full?Β  Some people try eating small, frequent meals/snacks to avoid getting too hungry or too full.Β  What are your thoughts on this?

I feel like that is a good idea, I also went to see someone that could clue me in on what I could do and I was told that I have trouble stopping eating, eating when bored, and realizing when I'm full, so I think maybe cutting out snacks and keeping just three main meals.

On 5/14/2023 at 4:48 PM, Persephone44 said:

Hey, I am going through the same thing, I am 13 too but I weight 170ish. Something I do is if you think you are eating too much is before you eat drink a glass of water cause water will fill you up fast and you won't eat as much, something else you can do it go on a walk everyday even if it is 10 mins. Make sure you are heaither foods if you are a picky eater then find foods you like that will be good for you, One more thing don't skip any meals even if you want to it can make it a lot worst. Just know you are not going on this journey on your own and you have people here to help. Many Hugs are being sent.Β 

3 minutes ago, -Marra- said:

Hey, I am going through the same thing, I am 13 too but I weight 170ish. Something I do is if you think you are eating too much is before you eat drink a glass of water cause water will fill you up fast and you won't eat as much, something else you can do it go on a walk everyday even if it is 10 mins. Make sure you are heaither foods if you are a picky eater then find foods you like that will be good for you, One more thing don't skip any meals even if you want to it can make it a lot worst. Just know you are not going on this journey on your own and you have people here to help. Many Hugs are being sent.Β 

Thank you so much for the support and the advice, I have been working a little bit, and even just this week I found that sticking to my main three meals, no snacks. Is really helping.Β 

I've definitely been trying to drink water, lol. Yeah, It's hard to go on walks when I live with my mom but me and my dad live and town and the trails are easily accessible so I will definitely try walking more! Definitely not a picky eater and I think that could contribute to my weight. Yeah, I found out that skipping meals is not the best thing to do the hard way last year.Β 

Thank you! Hugs back to you also!

It is good you found something to help you out! If you ever need to talk about this or something else I am here so just tag me.

40 minutes ago, -Marra- said:

It is good you found something to help you out! If you ever need to talk about this or something else I am here so just tag me.

thank you!