I might be bisexual

thatperson    

People assume that I am bi on a regular basis but I have always assumed that I am straight but mainly because that's the standard I guess. I rarely like people and sometimes I'm not sure if I like someone or not. Right now I have a crush on a non binary person but I don't really think about them sexually. It would be weird for me not to know my sexuality by now and everyone asks me what my sexuality is and I say straight. I don't want to say bi when I'm still figuring it out even though people say that I look bi. I'm not sure how to even figure out my sexuality and what I should do once I do. It's not really affecting my life much so i know I can wait but I also think about it a lot.

Edited by thatperson
I was just nervous to post it

35 minutes ago, thatperson said:

People assume that I am bi on a regular basis but I have always assumed that I am straight but mainly because that's the standard I guess. I rarely like people and sometimes I'm not sure if I like someone or not. Right now I have a crush on a non binary person but I don't really think about them sexually. It would be weird for me not to know my sexuality by now and everyone asks me what my sexuality is and I say straight. I don't want to say bi when I'm still figuring it out even though people say that I look bi. I'm not sure how to even figure out my sexuality and what I should do once I do. It's not really affecting my life much so i know I can wait but I also think about it a lot.

Hey, @thatperson,

I can totally see why this might be difficult for you. It's totally normal not to know your sexuality by now, just so you know. 

In terms of figuring out your sexuality, I'd suggest keeping in mind that there is time, and with time it'll become easier to figure out. If people keep asking, you can always just tell them you're unsure. Most people will accept that as an answer. Another thing that might be worth remembering for you is that even though you like someone romantically, sexual orientation can be different from romantic orientation, and both can change over time

Hope this helps!

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, thatperson said:

Heyy @thatperson, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you. 

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. It sounds to me like you're feeling confused about your sexuality and you're struggling with how to identify yourself to others. You know sexuality exists on a spectrum and it's normal to not fit into the standard labels of straight, gay, or bi. It's also okay to not know your sexuality yet, as it can be a journey of self-discovery that takes time. You don't have to rush into labelling yourself or telling others about your sexuality until you're ready. It's okay to take your time and explore your feelings without feeling pressured by others, I think @SCARE (Ember) has shared some helpful insights. What do you think?

You're not alone in this. I'm here to support you. Is there anything specific you'd like to talk about or explore further regarding your feelings around your sexuality?

Staff-Account.png