Someone squealed and I don't know what to do

Hawthorne11 Β  Β 

I just found out a kid is running around telling people my ex-girlfriend and I kissed, which is true. But I don't want people to know I'm bi, unless I'm the one that tells them, because I don't know how they will react. I am super worried and I also don't want my ex to think I told the kid, because I didn't. I don't know how the kid found out, and I also don't want this to affect my ex because I know she doesn't want that.Β 

On 5/12/2023 at 1:36 PM, AceOfSpades said:

I just found out a kid is running around telling people my ex-girlfriend and I kissed, which is true. But I don't want people to know I'm bi, unless I'm the one that tells them, because I don't know how they will react. I am super worried and I also don't want my ex to think I told the kid, because I didn't. I don't know how the kid found out, and I also don't want this to affect my ex because I know she doesn't want that.Β 

hi.

Rumors suck

I encourage clarity, so if you feel it would be right to confront the kid or your ex and try to get clear, then that could help. Otherwise hold yourself with confidence, they are just rumors after all, you are the one who gets to deem if they are anything other than measly whispers in the grass.

But if they start giving you trouble, get help, I would like you to stay safe :)

• Digital Mentor
On 5/12/2023 at 9:36 PM, AceOfSpades said:

Hi @AceOfSpades, I'm sorry this is happening to you. And you're absolutely right - it's completely up to you to decide if and when you want to come out and it's not for anyone else to make that decision for you. What do you think about @Equivalent WaysΒ advise about speaking to the kid and your ex girlfriend? Do you think it would help if you told your ex that you didn't tell the kid? And how do you think the kid would react if you told them to stop talking about you? Do you mind me asking, how old the kid is and where you know them from?Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

I have spoken to the kid, and I think he has shut up about it, but I am really kind of nervous to talk to my ex. My brother texted her to make sure she was doing okay, and she said she was alright but didn't want to talk about it. So I don't know if I want to approach her because if she doesn't want to talk to my brother, she probably won't talk to me. But I might be able to email her.Β  It would probably be a good thing if I did tell her I did not tell the kid.Β 

They are a sophmore, so about 2 years older than me. I just know them from school, my older brother has a crush on him.Β 

3 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

I have spoken to the kid, and I think he has shut up about it, but I am really kind of nervous to talk to my ex. My brother texted her to make sure she was doing okay, and she said she was alright but didn't want to talk about it. So I don't know if I want to approach her because if she doesn't want to talk to my brother, she probably won't talk to me. But I might be able to email her.Β  It would probably be a good thing if I did tell her I did not tell the kid.Β 

They are a sophmore, so about 2 years older than me. I just know them from school, my older brother has a crush on him.Β 

woah that sounds complicated :/

42 minutes ago, AceOfSpades said:

yeah sigh :(

i'm sorry :/ are you working it out ok..?

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

I didn't realise that the kid is older than you. Kudos to you, for talking to the kid! I know if can be difficult, especially if someone is older but it sounds like they got it and are now going to shut up about it.Β 

I totally get why you feel nervous talking to your ex. I think your idea of emailing them is a really good idea. Then you can think about what you want to say beforehand and at the same time you've respected her wish of not wanting to talk about it.Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about it, so I think he got the message. I emailed my ex and it's all good now, the kid didn't give her a bad time about it, which I am super relieved about.Β 

1 minute ago, AceOfSpades said:

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about it, so I think he got the message. I emailed my ex and it's all good now, the kid didn't give her a bad time about it, which I am super relieved about.Β 

I am really glad it sounds more worked out now πŸ‘

Yeah. I'm very relieved.

1 minute ago, AceOfSpades said:

Yeah. I'm very relieved.

yeah that kinda stuff is stressful!

• Digital Mentor
On 5/17/2023 at 9:41 PM, AceOfSpades said:

That all sounds really positive. I'm glad it's worked out so well.Β 

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png