Am I Lesbian?

Zaylee Β  Β 

After some serious reconsideration, and plenty of over thinking, I have discovered that I am a lesbian, not bisexual. So I have decided to write a song to use when I come out to my parents this pride month. I just have to learn how to play guitar lol

• Pride 2

I would totally teach you if I could haha ❀️

I teach people guitar for work :)

I’d suggest learning ukulele first because it’s over all easier and better for beginners as well as the strings are easier on your fingers and get you more accustomed to playing strings. That makes it easier to eventually transition to guitar. However if you have your heart set on guitar straight away, I’d say to be well informed. A lot of people don’t mention that guitar strings are typically made of steel (as opposed to nylon uke strings) and they HURT. Guitar is the only instrument to ever make me b l ee d. You develop callouses and stuff on your fingers to help but you gotta consistently practice to get that, as well as your hands will be sore from stretching. It is a very versatile and rewarding instrument though, and I really recommend it ❀️

I will also say, if you’re looking to buy a new guitar, *get one you love*. I cannot stress this enough, even if you need to save up for several months to get it, do not settle. If you get a guitar you are in love with, you’ll see it and pick it up to practice. That makes the difference between a guitar you practice on any spare moment you have vs the guitar that sits in its case under your bed collecting dust for the next 10 years πŸ˜‰

Hope this helps!

• Yaaas 1
  • Thanks 1

I put some instrument info and advice here but it has to be moderated πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ₯°

• Thanks 1

• Digital Mentor
On 5/10/2023 at 6:23 PM, Zaylee said:

After some serious reconsideration, and plenty of over thinking, I have discovered that I am a lesbian, not bisexual. So I have decided to write a song to use when I come out to my parents this pride month. I just have to learn how to play guitar lol

What a lovely idea!! I hope it goes really well. If you like you can let us know how it went (no pressure though- please don't feel you have to).Β 

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

What a lovely idea!! I hope it goes really well. If you like you can let us know how it went (no pressure though- please don't feel you have to).Β 

I came out to both my parents the other day lol. I told my mom first, then my dad. They both support me!!πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

• Digital Mentor
37 minutes ago, Zaylee said:

I came out to both my parents the other day lol. I told my mom first, then my dad. They both support me!!πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

Celebration Rainbow GIF by Timothy WinchesterΒ I am so happy to hear this. A definite cause for celebration!Β 

• Pride 1

Staff-Account.png