How can I help end bullying?

KittyAphmau5    

There was this kid named DeKarye in my 6th grade. He was really rude to me and even the counselor said it was bullying. He was really mean to me, leading me to be very suicidal-and i tried to commit suicide, but failed. Fast forward to 7th grade, when i saw him, i bawled my head off because i was very scared, fast forward to 7th grade transition to 8th grade summer- YPHP, It changed my life, and 8th grade was the best year of my life, oh, and did i mention my dad died in 7th grade? Well, now i am in 9th grade, and being bullied again; by a teacher.... This teacher, i have known since i was 1. But our relationship has changed... she is very mean to me and gives me f's on assignments i work real hard on.... And that is it...

Because of my experiences I now wanna help end bullying, so what has and is happening to me, will not happen to others.

Heya KittyAphmau5!

Wow, you have definitely worked through a lot, in the past few years! Thank you for wanting to help prevent further bullying, and end any bullying that is happening.

I hear you when you mention how the bullying you experienced in 6th grade really caused you to fear/worry. It’s part of overcoming the effects of bullying— something that be a lifelong thing to work through. Here’s some tips for that:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-10-tips-for-overcoming-bullying/

As for the bullying you’re experiencing, now. This is not okay. Here’s an article.. but it’s important that you speak to someone (ideally, a school staff member that you trust, who can help you settle this, as soon as possible).

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/bullied-by-a-teacher/

I just started a thread in the “Family and Friends� category on Community— It’s a place where we can support each other around the losses that we’ve experienced. I’d be curious to learn more about the work you’ve done around the loss of your father, if you’re willing to share with us, there?

Thank you!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.