Definitions and context?

TinyDinos    

I think there are some words that are used often but people don’t really know what they mean..

like what is a “friend” really? Is being patient just waiting for progress, or settling for something unfavorable until it inevitably changes? What actually is progress? Can progress be negative? Do relationships have free trials? What about families?

I have so many questions right now it’s crowding my brain and I can’t focus on my schoolwork 🫠

• Yaaas 1

3 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

I think there are some words that are used often but people don’t really know what they mean..

like what is a “friend” really? Is being patient just waiting for progress, or settling for something unfavorable until it inevitably changes? What actually is progress? Can progress be negative? Do relationships have free trials? What about families?

I have so many questions right now it’s crowding my brain and I can’t focus on my schoolwork 🫠

Omg I am so hype rn yo I was so sad when my other thread about this kinda stuff went down yo you are so dope what the heck

Ah hem, anyway Big sis~ such valuable questions! (i got distracted from my HW too ;P) I think a friend is someone you can count on and something more..🤔

Presumably progress is something progressing aka

: to move forward : proceed

: to develop to a higher, better, or more advanced stage
thx Merria m Web ster lol

But I think it really means moving in a direction.. so i guess it could be progressing backwards or smth... I will have to ponder it more!

Lol my brain is shutting down now cuz i need food lol, i will be back with more thoughts ~💜

• Thanks 1

rip rip rip the moderation 🥲, I was here dino

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Omg I am so hype rn yo I was so sad when my other thread about this kinda stuff went down yo you are so dope what the heck

Ah hem, anyway Big sis~ such valuable questions! (i got distracted from my HW too ;P) I think a friend is someone you can count on and something more..🤔

Presumably progress is something progressing aka

: to move forward : proceed

: to develop to a higher, better, or more advanced stage
thx Merria m Web ster lol

But I think it really means moving in a direction.. so i guess it could be progressing backwards or smth... I will have to ponder it more!

Lol my brain is shutting down now cuz i need food lol, i will be back with more thoughts ~💜

Yeah it’s crazy that these words are so commonly but we don’t really know what they mean :)

3 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

Yeah it’s crazy that these words are so commonly but we don’t really know what they mean :)

I know right????? Yeah I was just thinking about the word support, and what it means :)

but hey, always question, always wonder!~💖👍

question:

What does confession mean? Does it mean to reveal a secret?

Like the student confessed to the teacher?

It just seems like it is used in so many ways...

Thanks~

Edited by Equivalent Ways
note

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

question:

What does confession mean? Does it mean to reveal a secret?

Like the student confessed to the teacher?

It just seems like it is used in so many ways...

Thanks~

So the definition in itself is that confession is generally the act of admitting to or acknowledging something, often a wrongdoing or a mistake. It is often associated with a sense of remorse or guilt, and can be done in a variety of contexts. From my understanding a confession can involve revealing a secret, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a secret. It can also involve admitting to a mistake or wrongdoing that is already known to others. For example, in a religious context, confession often involves admitting one's sins to a priest or other religious figure. In this case, confession is seen as a way to seek forgiveness and absolution for one's sins. In a legal context, a confession can refer to admitting to a crime or wrongdoing to the police or in court.

In a more personal context, confession can perhaps involve revealing something personal or embarrassing to someone else, such as confessing one's feelings to a crush or admitting to a friend that you were wrong about something. In these cases, confession can be a way to clear the air and move forward in any relationship. Or, as in the case you mentioned, a student might confess to a teacher that they cheated on a test. Overall, confession is a way of acknowledging something that has been weighing on one's mind and conscience, and can be a way to seek forgiveness, understanding, or simply to relieve oneself of a burden.

• Thanks 2

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Luie said:

So the definition in itself is that confession is generally the act of admitting to or acknowledging something, often a wrongdoing or a mistake. It is often associated with a sense of remorse or guilt, and can be done in a variety of contexts. From my understanding a confession can involve revealing a secret, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a secret. It can also involve admitting to a mistake or wrongdoing that is already known to others. For example, in a religious context, confession often involves admitting one's sins to a priest or other religious figure. In this case, confession is seen as a way to seek forgiveness and absolution for one's sins. In a legal context, a confession can refer to admitting to a crime or wrongdoing to the police or in court.

In a more personal context, confession can perhaps involve revealing something personal or embarrassing to someone else, such as confessing one's feelings to a crush or admitting to a friend that you were wrong about something. In these cases, confession can be a way to clear the air and move forward in any relationship. Or, as in the case you mentioned, a student might confess to a teacher that they cheated on a test. Overall, confession is a way of acknowledging something that has been weighing on one's mind and conscience, and can be a way to seek forgiveness, understanding, or simply to relieve oneself of a burden.

Ah thanks Luie! That was well said! I think I have a better understanding now🤔 as I thought it changes with context...

Thanks again❣️

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Ah thanks Luie! That was well said! I think I have a better understanding now🤔 as I thought it changes with context...

Thanks again❣️

You Are Welcome Rachel Brosnahan GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Staff-Account.png