My moods 😐

TinyDinos    

I don’t really know how to go about this, and I wonder if anyone else gets this feeling. 

I want friends. Like, really bad. I crave attention, and not in the “I’ll scream in public so randos look at me funny” type of attention, or “I’ll make up crazy stories so people pay attention to me” type of attention. 

like, I just want people to genuinely care about me, and have a squad to talk about random crap about with y’know?

but here’s where I’m confused.

I also really want to be left alone. I don’t do really well in social environments, or even one on one relationships (you can ask @Equivalent Ways and she’ll tell you just how bad I am at replying to messages ((I’m so sorry girl TwT)) 🫠)

I really suck at interacting with people, and I think that’s why I don’t really have friends right now, but I kinda wish I did, but I also don’t wanna talk to people.. see the issue I’m having here?? 😅

Any advice?? 

• Hug 1

8 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

I don’t really know how to go about this, and I wonder if anyone else gets this feeling. 

I want friends. Like, really bad. I crave attention, and not in the “I’ll scream in public so randos look at me funny” type of attention, or “I’ll make up crazy stories so people pay attention to me” type of attention. 

like, I just want people to genuinely care about me, and have a squad to talk about random crap about with y’know?

but here’s where I’m confused.

I also really want to be left alone. I don’t do really well in social environments, or even one on one relationships (you can ask @Equivalent Ways and she’ll tell you just how bad I am at replying to messages ((I’m so sorry girl TwT)) 🫠)

I really suck at interacting with people, and I think that’s why I don’t really have friends right now, but I kinda wish I did, but I also don’t wanna talk to people.. see the issue I’m having here?? 😅

Any advice?? 

Hey! I totally feel like this too, so first and foremost, this is normal :)

I think that everybody wants support to an extent, and so it makes sense that you’d want friends to support you and have fun with. But it sounds like you may be a more introverted person, and that’s okay! I like to think of myself as an ambivert so I can kinda go both ways haha. I sounds like you want relationships with others, but you have a limited social battery so you get really drained after spending just a little bit of time socializing. It also sounds like you feel guilty about your lack of social stamina. Is that correct?

I think it’s good to start small, and be upfront about how your social habits. Let your friends know that you do care about them, but you need a break to decompress for a bit between convos. If they’re genuine friends, they’ll understand ❤️

I’m always here to talk if you need anything too, and I totally understand if you need a break. Lmk if you need anything girly. :)

I hope this helped! <3

Edited by TinyDinos
  • Yaaas 1

1 minute ago, TinyDinos said:

Hey! I totally feel like this too, so first and foremost, this is normal :)

I think that everybody wants support to an extent, and so it makes sense that you’d want friends to support you and have fun with. But it sounds like you may be a more introverted person, and that’s okay! I like to think of myself as an ambivert so I can kinda go both ways haha. I sounds like you want relationships with others, but you have a limited social battery so you get really drained after spending just a little bit of time socializing. It also sounds like you feel guilty about your lack of social stamina. Is that correct?

I think it’s good to start small, and be upfront about how your social habits. Let your friends know that you do care about them, but you need a break to decompress for a bit between convos. If they’re genuine friends, they’ll understand ❤️

I’m always here to talk if you need anything too, and I totally understand if you need a break. Lmk if you need anything girly. :)

I hope this helped! <3

I’m glad that I’m not alone :)

that description is really accurate haha. Thank you so much. It really sucks sometimes because like, I know that I’m not doing it on purpose but I still feel like it’s my fault, y’know?

I appreciate you taking the time out to reply and for all of your support. Thank you so much, I’ll be thinking about this for a while 🙂

• Like 1

😅 I hope I am not interrupting a convo ✌🏽 but is it silly to say you are your best friend? Cuz u are stuck with yourself for forever and a day lol

anywayz, imma come back to this thread when I have more energy to type 😉💜

but no doubt, I am so glad u r expressing yourself 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

😅 I hope I am not interrupting a convo ✌🏽 but is it silly to say you are your best friend? Cuz u are stuck with yourself for forever and a day lol

No worries, I appreciate you 💚

I think that’s an accurate statement. At the end of the day, you’re the only one who has to live with yourself y’know? 

I’m so grateful to have you as my friend though. I know it’s not really easy so thank you so much 🙏🏽

• Hug 1

5 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

I’m glad too! I really do think it’s important for people to express themselves. If we didn’t, then by the time the “truth” comes spilling out, it’s usually been corrupted by emotion. I’m glad though that this site exists so we can talk like this :)

By the way @TinyDinos l also agree that it might be a good idea get comfortable with loving yourself too. It’s okay to spend time alone and be comfortable with that, because nobody can be a better best friend for you than yourself. After all, you know yourself best! ❤️

• Yaaas 1