About display names and logging in [Important]

Harper Β  Β 

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi!

Over the coming months, we will be disabling the option to login with your account username. Instead, you will be able to login with your registered email address and password only.Β 

Why?

Your username is publicly viewable, which means that in theory, somebody could either guess or brute force your password to gain access to your account. Whilst this is unlikely and there is no evidence of this happening, we want to ensure that your account security is at the highest possible standard.Β 

What do I need to do?

Just ensure that your email address is up-to-date and that you still have access to your email account. If you need to update your email, or make a record of the email address associated with your account, do so now. We will send you an email/DM notification closer to the time, but it makes good sense to be on top of your account security now. When we disable username login, we will provide ample notice and you will receive a message from us. This is likely to be by the end of summer.

If you'd like to get ahead of this change - you can logout and then log back in using your email address and password - if you're on a personal computer and use a password manager, you may choose to save the new login into your keychain.

Is this optional?

No, username login will be disabled for all members. You are able to set up 2FA in your security settings which will add an additional and optional level of security to your account access.

When will this happen?

This change is being implemented by the developers of the platform that we use and is completely beyond our control. It will be rolled out in a future version of our platform, most likely towards the end of the year. We may bring this change forward just to allow a window of time to fix any individual issues with account access, but most certainly won't be within the next few months.

Thanks,

HarperΒ πŸ₯³

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Nope 1

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Harper said:

Hi!

Over the coming months, we will be disabling the option to login with your account username. Instead, you will be able to login with your registered email address and password only.Β 

Why?

Your username is publicly viewable, which means that in theory, somebody could either guess or brute force your password to gain access to your account. Whilst this is unlikely and there is no evidence of this happening, we want to ensure that your account security is at the highest possible standard.Β 

What do I need to do?

Just ensure that your email address is up-to-date and that you still have access to your email account. If you need to update your email, or make a record of the email address associated with your account, do so now. We will send you an email/DM notification closer to the time, but it makes good sense to be on top of your account security now. When we disable username login, we will provide ample notice and you will receive a message from us. This is likely to be by the end of summer.

If you'd like to get ahead of this change - you can logout and then log back in using your email address and password - if you're on a personal computer and use a password manager, you may choose to save the new login into your keychain.

Is this optional?

No, username login will be disabled for all members. You are able to set up 2FA in your security settings which will add an additional and optional level of security to your account access.

Thanks,

HarperΒ πŸ₯³

OMG THIS SO STUPID I DON'T EVEN HAVE ACCESS TO MY EMAIL AGGGGGGGGΒ 

• Ditch the Label Staff
2 minutes ago, Tears_of_pain said:

OMG THIS SO STUPID I DON'T EVEN HAVE ACCESS TO MY EMAIL AGGGGGGGGΒ 

I'm sorry, I understand it's annoying. The change is being implemented by the developers of the platform we use and is outside of our control, but we can help you with updating your email address to an account you have access to if you'd like? Also - to confirm, this won't be happening for many months.

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
Just now, Tears_of_pain said:

I only have one freaking email!!!!!!!

That's okay. You can either update your email address or still use the email linked to your account to login with - just keep in mind that if it's linked to your account and no longer have access to it, you won't receive email notifications and will need to contact us to change your email address if you ever decide to do so. In your case, it would make sense to make a record of the email linked to your account.

Staff-Account.png

Thanks for the update! I would’ve been confused on why my username wasn’t working lol πŸ˜…

excited for all the new stuff the DTL devs are bringing! πŸ₯°

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Harper said:

Hi!

Why?

What do I need to do?

Is this optional?

When will this happen?

This change is being implemented by the developers of the platform that we use and is completely beyond our control. It will be rolled out in a future version of our platform, most likely towards the end of the year. We may bring this change forward just to allow a window of time to fix any individual issues with account access, but most certainly won't be within the next few months.

Thanks,

HarperΒ πŸ₯³

Dang it...I know you don't really have a choice...but I like quick logins......it's hard to keep track of my emails......awwwww

Harps, can you please approve my posts?Β πŸ˜…

(Getting the feeling you aren't actually online.....)

Edited by SCARE (Ember)

Alright, roger that. Imma go hunting for my email now lol, but someone would have to be stupidly genius to guess my pass, but hey, its all goodπŸ‘ oh and yes, thanks for letting us know.

• Haha 2

Good thing I've memorized my email by heart lol

• Haha 1

I agree with @TinyDinos, So excited for the new stuff!