Delicate Questions

Equivalent Ways    

Alright, i am really grateful to get this opportunity that I have been wanting for a god while now. I just want to be careful how I frame it cuz I fear i will sound mean or judgmental over text, however I am actually feeling intruded, curious, and receptive! These are all genuine questions, and I trust that yall will give me a chance ':) i love learning about people, and i often learn about myself too

So, why does 'coming out' matter? Why is it such a big deal, should/could you not..?

Why does knowing your 'sexuality' matter? (what does it even mean?)

Why do some people want so so badly to get surgery, hormones and more to change their appearance and how their body works?

Why do people get SO INVOLVED with the Lgbtq+ community..? like, im not sure.... haha...

I have a lot of questions, thanks for your understanding🙏

13 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Alright, i am really grateful to get this opportunity that I have been wanting for a god while now. I just want to be careful how I frame it cuz I fear i will sound mean or judgmental over text, however I am actually feeling intruded, curious, and receptive! These are all genuine questions, and I trust that yall will give me a chance ':) i love learning about people, and i often learn about myself too

So, why does 'coming out' matter? Why is it such a big deal, should/could you not..?

Why does knowing your 'sexuality' matter? (what does it even mean?)

Why do some people want so so badly to get surgery, hormones and more to change their appearance and how their body works?

Why do people get SO INVOLVED with the Lgbtq+ community..? like, im not sure.... haha...

I have a lot of questions, thanks for your understanding🙏

Hey :3

sorry to keep answering every post lol I promise I’m not st a lk ing you, you just ask great questions 😆

I can answer from a personal perspective :)

coming out is important at least to me, because it feels like you’re hiding a part of yourself out of fear of offending others or standing out. But that’s important to me, personally. I’ve spoken to a few people on DTL who are fine with never coming out. But a big part of it is enjoying the community around it. Sometimes you shouldn’t come out if it isn’t safe to do so (like my situation where my mom is homophobic and my emotional well being is at stake if I were to come out).

Sexuality is different for everybody. For me it means what type of person you’re interested in a romantic relationship rather than who. Kinda like criteria for who you’re looking for. For some people that involves body, for others it’s more personality based. There are many different sexualities. With that being said, it is really important (at least imho) to know these things about yourself. Very personally, having information reduces my anxiety, I like having all of the info in front of me so I have something to work with. It makes me really anxious and uncomfortable to NOT know the answer to something, especially when it pertains to a question regarding myself. So knowing your sexuality brings comfort in the sense of just knowing, as well as taking the stress of off the already messy idea of dating and romantic relationships as a whole by knowing what you’re looking for (or in some cases NOT looking for) and accepting that.

as a cis female who uses she/they pronouns I don’t think I should be allowed to answer this because I don’t really have an authentic answer and I don’t want to be disrespectful. It’s honestly a better idea to let someone who gets it explain. From where I sit, it seems like a part of what I was saying in the last section, where it’s about comfort and feeling good in your own skin, and much like sexuality, looks different for everybody. I’ll leave it at that.

the answer to this one is another one that is different depending on who you ask. I think the majority of it is that they don’t have a different support system. Unfortunately a lot of families aren’t supportive so the community becomes their family. 

can I just say how much I love how curious you are?? It’s so nice and I like answering your really good, deep questions so thank you :)

9 minutes ago, Sad Sprout said:

Hey :3

sorry to keep answering every post lol I promise I’m not st a lk ing you, you just ask great questions 😆

I can answer from a personal perspective :)

coming out is important at least to me, because it feels like you’re hiding a part of yourself out of fear of offending others or standing out. But that’s important to me, personally. I’ve spoken to a few people on DTL who are fine with never coming out. But a big part of it is enjoying the community around it. Sometimes you shouldn’t come out if it isn’t safe to do so (like my situation where my mom is homophobic and my emotional well being is at stake if I were to come out).

Sexuality is different for everybody. For me it means what type of person you’re interested in a romantic relationship rather than who. Kinda like criteria for who you’re looking for. For some people that involves body, for others it’s more personality based. There are many different sexualities. With that being said, it is really important (at least imho) to know these things about yourself. Very personally, having information reduces my anxiety, I like having all of the info in front of me so I have something to work with. It makes me really anxious and uncomfortable to NOT know the answer to something, especially when it pertains to a question regarding myself. So knowing your sexuality brings comfort in the sense of just knowing, as well as taking the stress of off the already messy idea of dating and romantic relationships as a whole by knowing what you’re looking for (or in some cases NOT looking for) and accepting that.

as a cis female who uses she/they pronouns I don’t think I should be allowed to answer this because I don’t really have an authentic answer and I don’t want to be disrespectful. It’s honestly a better idea to let someone who gets it explain. From where I sit, it seems like a part of what I was saying in the last section, where it’s about comfort and feeling good in your own skin, and much like sexuality, looks different for everybody. I’ll leave it at that.

the answer to this one is another one that is different depending on who you ask. I think the majority of it is that they don’t have a different support system. Unfortunately a lot of families aren’t supportive so the community becomes their family. 

can I just say how much I love how curious you are?? It’s so nice and I like answering your really good, deep questions so thank you :)

ah ha! Thank you so much dino🥹✨ you are very supportive of my questioning and I appreciate that a lot.

I see, i see... So i guess a lot of it kinda depends on your family system and hence your own self-security..? that makes more sense. Its really harmful that family would dislike you for (here imma try use the knowledge I gained from your answer to my help with words ;) having 'romantic' feelings or 'seggusal desires'(?) to someone they don't think would be appropriate because of their own irrational fears baised off societal standards. tsk tsk

Wow that was a long sentence..

It also makes sense how you would have a community that you are close with because you feel accepted... Everyone wants that! D t l is actually a great example of that lol

I think i will take some time to ponder and note down what kind of people I like(and not) to be around and be friends with inspired by this🤔

Your insights leave me happy and craving more, I appreciate that😚 so Thank You too~

• Like 1