Ok well I think I'm Bi but I don't know. I need advice

TheCoasterNerd! Β  Β 

I am a 14 year old male who likes both males and females romantically and as friends but only like girls' bodies. Reddit (r/teenagers) says that I am biromantic and heterosexual. What do you guys think and how do I come out to friends and my dad?

2 hours ago, TheCoasterNerd! said:

I am a 14 year old male who likes both males and females romantically and as friends but only like girls' bodies. Reddit (r/teenagers) says that I am biromantic and heterosexual. What do you guys think and how do I come out to friends and my dad?

You could very likely be biromantic and heterosexual- That matches what you're talking about. When it comes to coming out, I'd make sure that it's safe first. Test the water. Then you can tell them, weather through a letter or a sit-down conversation. You are going to end up in a sit-down conversation, so I'd recommend doing a bit of research and being prepared to answer questions they may have.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SCARE said:

You could very likely be biromantic and heterosexual- That matches what you're talking about. When it comes to coming out, I'd make sure that it's safe first. Test the water. Then you can tell them, weather through a letter or a sit-down conversation. You are going to end up in a sit-down conversation, so I'd recommend doing a bit of research and being prepared to answer questions they may have.

Thanks, that makes sense.Β 

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, TheCoasterNerd! said:

Hi there, I noticed that you are new here and I just wanted to say a huge big welcome to Ditch the Label. It's lovely to have you here!! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. If you ever want to talk about anything confidentially, you can send us a message via the confidential support tab at the top of this page.Β 

I can see that @SCAREΒ has already given some great advice. How are you feeling about everything now? Is there anything you would like a bit more support with?Β 

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, I noticed that you are new here and I just wanted to say a huge big welcome to Ditch the Label. It's lovely to have you here!! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. If you ever want to talk about anything confidentially, you can send us a message via the confidential support tab at the top of this page.Β 

I can see that @SCAREΒ has already given some great advice. How are you feeling about everything now? Is there anything you would like a bit more support with?Β 

I think I'm ok, but I still am unsure of this. Does this make me bi, queer, what am I?

3 minutes ago, TheCoasterNerd! said:

I think I'm ok, but I still am unsure of this. Does this make me bi, queer, what am I?

It doesn't necessarily make you anything, but you could use either label- it depends on what label you preferΒ 

13 minutes ago, SCARE said:

It doesn't necessarily make you anything, but you could use either label- it depends on what label you preferΒ 

Alright I guess that makes sense. I've posted this question here, Quora, and Reddit and I'm getting mixed responses from each. I think I trust this site most though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheCoasterNerd! said:

Alright I guess that makes sense. I've posted this question here, Quora, and Reddit and I'm getting mixed responses from each. I think I trust this site most though.

Yeah, there's a lot of people who will gatekeep labels, too. We don't really do that. If you feel like there's a label that fits your experiences, then that's likely the one your going to be the most happy with